PDA

View Full Version : 15G QT Tank

matgilbert
08/31/2007, 02:45 PM
Hello everybody, I have a quesiton about an extra tank I have in my house. I'm currently in the process of setting up my 65g reef ready tank which will be connected to a 29g sump/refugium. That's no problem at all, I'm going to go pick up my new tank today I'm very excited :D

My question is about an extra 15 gallon tank I have. A lot of people talk about quarentining new fishes, and I would love to be able to do this. Is my lil' 15 suitable for a QT, and if so what sort of equiptment would I need for it? I have a flourescent light I was using on it, as well as a small 50w heater. I have an extra HOB filter as well, one that accomodates carbon bags.

Also, can anybody show me pics of their quarentine setup? Just curious how other people have done it :)

AZDesertRat
08/31/2007, 02:50 PM
You have everything you need with the exception of a few pieces of PVC pipe or fittings for fish to hide in. The idea is to keep it simple and use nothing porous like live rock or substrate so you can disinfect everything with bleach when you are done and store it away for next time.
I always keep a few extra sponges for my hang on in my display tanks sump so they have beneficial bacteria in them and I can slap it in and go. Always toss the sponge after use so you do not contaminate the next fish or your display.