PDA

View Full Version : AC3 + computer= biggest headache ever

rachelcb80
08/28/2007, 02:42 PM
I am about two breaths away from taking my AC3 and all other computer components and throwing them out the window.

I got the AC3 a couple weeks ago. Got it set up and running and was able to access it on my wireless network here at home. I still hadn't got it online but was going to call my ISP this week to see if they could help me. But since Sunday morning I can't even get it back up on my network. I had downloaded Aquanotes Friday and was able to access it with that Saturday morning. I didn't touch a thing or do anything to the AC3, Linksys gaming adapter or my router but it's not working now. Both lights are on (yellow and green) on the AC3's ethernet connection and I've tried unplugging and plugging back in. No clue what to do now.

hawaiianwargod
08/28/2007, 03:32 PM
Sorry to hear that Rachael. The best way to do is to post it under the sponsor forums (Neptune systems). http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=368
Neptune systems customer service is considered by many an A+.

Good luck!

xtm
08/28/2007, 04:35 PM
Try to power cycle (reboot) your routers and also the AC3.

cfarrow2
08/28/2007, 04:49 PM
Yeah, I hate linksys. Had nothing but problems with mine. Try unplugging it for 30 seconds and then plugging it back in.

leeweber85
08/28/2007, 05:34 PM
Sounds more like a router problem than the AC3. Talk to Curt in the neptune forum, or on the phone. He's very helpful.

Lee

rachelcb80
08/28/2007, 09:37 PM
Well again I have touched nothing and it's back to working. Go figure. Still need to get it online, hopefully it will be working tomorrow and I can call my ISP for help.

pass1over
08/28/2007, 10:38 PM
try unplugging everything, then plugging it back to power in a specific sequence. Wait 30sec to 1min before plugging stuff back in. Once an item is plugged in, wait a bit for it to power on and "bo0t up"

1st - your cable or dsl convertor box
2nd - router
3rd - computer
4th - AC

puter/AC can be plugged in together id imagine. I have to do that whenever the router or convertor box gets unplugged. It resets everything internally so they all "recognize" each other.

ricsreef
08/28/2007, 10:54 PM
Good info there people.Helps me out a bunch.

HDAlien
08/29/2007, 07:43 AM
Some ISPs (mine included) do not let requests on port 80 through. This prevents people from running web servers on home Internet connections. To access mine I had to change the port and forward/trigger that port to my AC3, I can now access my AC3 from outside my home network. Hope that helps for the outside piece of the puzzle.