PDA

View Full Version : Kalkwasser (Pickling Lime) Found!!

tunfeer
08/27/2007, 07:50 AM
Greetings

My wife found Mrs Wages Pickling Lime at Walmart in FTWB! Its across from the Vacuum cleaners (yes that's correct) in the pickling section. It cost around $2.64 for about the same amount as Dr. Fosters who sell 450 grams for $9.99. Go to this link to see what it looks like and some tips about Kalk. http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/2005-01/rhf/index.php#1

- Ted:)

DrHank
08/27/2007, 08:25 AM
You will find Mrs. Wages at Wal-Mart every fall (sometimes in spring as well) when folks are canning. The rest of the year it's gone so if you want it, stock up now.

blacktone
08/27/2007, 03:05 PM
They had lots of Mrs Wages Pickling Lime at walmart (Crestview) a month or two back. Went ahead and got 8 of them. Least I won't run out any time soon.

tunfeer
08/27/2007, 03:35 PM
Blacktone

How much do you use to dose your system? I normally use two tsp to a gallon and then slow drip with an Kent aquadose sytem. How does your process work? Does it keep your calcium up, mine the ph is good but it does not keep calcium levels high enough for me. I know alot of questions but I just started using kalk. --- And by the way I just got a refractormeter and found my calcium was low, and I destroyed my plastic one like your avatar picture.