PDA

View Full Version : Buckeye Field Supply

old salty
08/25/2007, 11:24 PM
I have a RO/DI unit that was made by a manufacturer who's name is not allowed on this site. I have taken good care of it and changed all the pre-filters every 6 months to ensure high water quality. My TDS meter took a dump on me a few months ago, and I haven't bothered to replace it. I decided that since I was burning through so much DI resin, I had better do some quality control at the water factory inside my laundry room.

I ordered a TDS meter from BFS, then ordered a booster pump as I also had an interest in increasing my output (I make a lot of water.) With everything hooked up, I was getting an 85% rejection rate; my RO water was reading 30.1ppm; no wonder my DI resin was burning up so quickly. Since the unit is two years old, I figured I would start new and get all new filters, including a new RO filter. I went with the 150gpd membrane from BFS which is rated at 98.5% rejection at 65psi.

After installing the filters and the new flow restrictor, I was still having some issues; pressure would not build and water production was at a trickle. Russ was there to answer my calls and continued to walk me through the process. When I still couldn't figure the system out, Russ invited me over to his home on a Saturday afternoon to remedy the problem. He went right to work and then checked the unit to make sure it would pressurize.

I got home and hooked the system up. I took some measurements and came up with 140gpd and 97% rejection rate at 62psi. Not only am I much happier with my new (and increased) rejection rate and increased water production ability, I am happy to know that Buckeye Field Supply is local!! I'm not saying he's going to throw BBQ's every weekend for his customers, but know that when you order from BFS, they are willing to stand behind the products they sell.

Oh, for those that use Mag Flake or Dow Flake, they have PLENTY in stock!! Thank you for your service and patience in dealing with me Russ!!

Brian