PDA

View Full Version : aquacontroller II

DMBillies
08/21/2007, 02:25 PM
I see that they stopped selling the aquacontroller II on the neptune website and I was wondering why. Just not selling well?

I got a pretty good price on one that I was thinking about buying (originally just wanted the junior, but this one is going for about the same as I would expect a junior to go for). I'm still not entirely sure about it. But in any event, I noticed that neptune isn't offering them anymore and I wondered why.

crumbletop
08/21/2007, 02:30 PM
I believe it was replaced by the AC III, and the AquaController Pro was replaced by the AC III Pro -- probably about a year or so ago.

jfolley67
08/21/2007, 02:52 PM
I purchased my aquacontroller II used off of reef central and I see them occasionally...they are always snatched up really fast, so get one, I am sure it will be fine for the right price depending on what you wanna control...

DMBillies
08/21/2007, 09:11 PM
I was thinking the 3 was just a step up from the 2 which was a step up from the jr. I didn't think the 3 actually replaced the 2... that's why I was confused.

jfolley67
08/22/2007, 08:01 AM
makes sense!

NeveSSL
08/22/2007, 03:54 PM
If I'm not mistaken, the Jr. is pretty much the 2. At least thats what I've heard.

You could post in the Neptune Sys forum and Curt could probably tell us. :)

Brandon

crumbletop
08/22/2007, 04:51 PM
The II has ORP, battery backup, and the ability to communicate with a modem to send out text pages, etc. Otherwise I think it is pretty similar to the Jr.