PDA

View Full Version : This is why you should NEVER get a tank from glasscages.com

KeeperOfFish
08/21/2007, 12:21 PM
We have enough issues here, we don't need to go to other boards to find more.~dc
They are horrible, read through the thread and you'll see why. Pics are on page 2 and horror stories are numerous.

Also, which of you guys here have had a horrible experience/tank from glasscages?

RichConley
08/21/2007, 12:34 PM
This is the SAME EXACT POST that has been posted in about 22 different forums, and repeatedly on this site. I'm beginning to think that its just this guy whos had problems with them...90% of negative responses I can find about GC are this same, word for word, post.

KeeperOfFish
08/21/2007, 12:41 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10602074#post10602074 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by RichConley
This is the SAME EXACT POST that has been posted in about 22 different forums, and repeatedly on this site. I'm beginning to think that its just this guy whos had problems with them...90% of negative responses I can find about GC are this same, word for word, post.
i had no idea...i was just trying to help out fellow reefers to be cautious.

flfirefighter13
08/21/2007, 12:49 PM
I cant speak for that tank but I have seen three of their tanks in person, all over 180g tanks and they where fine. The only problem I have heard from a few buyers is sloppy silicone, which is easily fixed and well worth the price savings. I havent bought a tank from them but I did have them quote 2 tanks for me and they where a pleasure to deal with, only reason I didnt buy was the delivery schedule didnt match with when I needed them.

HBtank
08/21/2007, 12:56 PM
The guy in that thread had a fit about one corner that was not rounded...

I have little experience with acrylic aquariums, but isn't that the only way to do it, one sheet folded with three rounded edges and one 90 degree corner...?

scotmc
08/21/2007, 01:00 PM
Gotta love the net. One person has a bad experience about a product. Now it's the worst company out their. Having business in retail and one line stores. I hate to see this happen.

It 's probally the same person who had the orginal problem. Their are always two sides to a story. If that company really is that bad in service and product. The word would get out real fast. Not just one person, passing the same review to many different sites. Most people are smart enough to see what your doing.

SDguy
08/21/2007, 01:03 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10602113#post10602113 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by KeeperOfFish
i had no idea...i was just trying to help out fellow reefers to be cautious.

You know, I'm all about trying to help my fellow aquarists steer clear of problem vendors and the like, but frankly, your statement of "Also, which of you guys here have had a horrible experience/tank from glasscages?" stinks of torches and pitchforks.

HBtank
08/21/2007, 01:04 PM
Anyways, I hardly put much in stories like these.

I mean he starts by bashing them, listing out complaint after complaint, BEFORE he buys their product...

Sorry, but that just lets me know the person will twist the truth in any way to gain support. They tell their story like they were some victim the whole way through and they had no choice but buy from the company.

The truth is the service was good enough for them to go ahead and make the purchase, no amount of twisting the story will change that.

So if they are going to so obviously try and make the company look bad while they still had the ultimate control, I have no faith they will tell the truth when it comes to the delivered product.

Not to mention some of the dialouge he passed on.. comical

bureau13
08/21/2007, 01:18 PM
For what its worth, my experience with glasscages.com is that their post-delivery support is nil and their quality in terms of appearance is not great, but they're cheap as hell they work. That's exactly what I needed in a sump and top-off reservoir, and that's exactly what I got.

jds

JPA
08/21/2007, 01:32 PM
Got three of their tanks, silicone a little sloppy, for the price they are great and I will probably keep buying from them. People need to realize that in business/marketing you only hear about the horror stories 90% of the time. Rarely do you see people randomly post/call/write when things went as planned .

mickyfin
08/21/2007, 01:51 PM
If I was the OP I would be wry of a defemation lawsuit. It's one thing to address a complaint with a company or through a bulletin board. Quite another to damage that companies reputation via multiple post son multiple boards, essentially slandering the company.

heck I can show damages just by the 5-6 ppl in the thread who said I was going to order from them, but not now.

Just Jim
08/21/2007, 01:57 PM
geez, I always cringe when I see one of these posts. I've had my 8' 240g tank with no problems for over 3 years now, and then I see a post about a tank that explodes (for no reason) or something like that, and I click on the title as fast as I can. My silicone wasn't even sloppy....

JPA
08/21/2007, 02:04 PM
Look hard enough and you will find stories about every brand of tank 'exploding'. I would wager a guess that it is usually user error, ie, stand isn't level, tank was manhandled to get into place, etc. From the build on my tanks I can't see any reason why they would fail vs any other brand.

reefshadow
08/21/2007, 02:33 PM
Hmmm. Not saying you have ill intentions or anything, I understand the desire to warn people away from a company that seems iffy, but posts of this sort really need to be in the feedback forum and even more need to be 1st hand information.

FWIW, if you want to read about other GC experiences good and bad, I know there are some threads in the FBF.

kysard1
08/21/2007, 02:38 PM
Glass cages has one major thing going for it that the big three don't : sizes that are reef condusive in the 100G and under.

For example:

1. 60G wide - 36x24x18.
2. 95G Wide - 36x24x25.

These are awesome dimensions for a budget reef that can be lit by a single halide. Think about how much light is wasted on a 12" or 18" wide tank.

Hopefully competition from GC's will pull the big three's heads out of their A**'s.

dc
08/21/2007, 02:45 PM
A word of warning here. A dissatisfied customer is hardly a reason to plaster warnings across the internet, feedback is for personal experience, not "The guy down the street knew this guy who got a bad tank"

The original purchaser is more than welcome to post experiences, but jumping on bandwagons does nothing for a resilution to the situation and just turns these kind of threads ugly and gets them locked.