PDA

View Full Version : Marinedepot.com BAD experience

DJM32189
08/15/2007, 09:47 PM
Well...

I finally got a chance to order my Aqua C Remora skimmer after going back and forth over the order. I read good notions online about having the overflow box, so I felt that it was worthwhile investment. Well, when I ordered the skimmer on marinedepot.com, I clicked for the upgrade with the "drain". I assumed the drain was the overflow drain?!

Well, it arrived today and it turned out to be a big hole in the skimmer cup with an elbow connector so you can drain stuff into a bucket via piping. Needless to say, I was shocked.

Therefore, I called marinedepot to schedule a return/exhcange. Not only did I get a very fowl attitude from the clerk who said I was obviously inept and it CLEARLY stated info about the drain online (NOT THAT I COULD SEE). Then, he said I was lucky not to be charged a restocking fee and they would not send out the new skimmer until I shipped out the one I mistakingly bought. SO, I went to the post office and spent 40 dollars to send it overnight to them. I called them to tell them that it would be arriving at 3 p.m. tomorrow, and the same clerk said to me, well don't expect it to get shipped out that day (even though their website says that orders are shipped out before 6 p.m. even if ordered that day). He told me to wait 2-3 days. Then, I have to wait the weekend and another 2 days for the shipping (I again have to pay for more shipping).

What terrible customer service and I am SOOOOOO dissapointed. All I wanted was my skimmer. I guess that I am just used to drsfosterandsmith.com customer service. It is too bad that they do not carry the remora. I will certainly never shop again at marinedepot.com. Apparantly, you have to be a perfect customer in order to get good service.

Despicable.

MarineDepot
08/16/2007, 10:49 AM
Hello,

Thank you for your feed back, it is always greatly appreciated. I do apologize for the misunderstanding that may have occurred during your call yesterday, It is not like our Customer Service Representatives to present themselves with a fowl attitude. I will be more that happy to to take care of this for you, I will send you the skimmer that you requested at no extra cost to you overnight and also waive any of the restocking fees that were applied.
Our Customer Service is what we pride ourselves the most in, I apologize that your first experience with us was not pleasant.

Please feel free to contact me with any further feedback you may have

Walter F
Marine Depot Customer Services Supervisor
www.Marinedepot.com
714.385.0080 Phone
714.385.0180 Fax

DJM32189
08/16/2007, 10:57 AM
Hi, I just spoke on the phone with Walter before reading this, and he truly does pride himself in customer satisfaction. I am now very impressed with the service, especially the phone call, and I am also VERY appreciative. Thank you so much for your understanding and I look forward to providing you with many more reef-related dollars in the future!!

Thank you SOOOO much once again,

Devin

Mildot
08/19/2007, 08:27 PM
i ordered some livestock from them earlier this year, One Carpet anemone, one large bubble coral and one Finger leather coral, When i received my order everything looked terrible for some reason, i acclimated everything anyway , and i called them promptly to let them know what was going on, Well i lost everything with in a few days unfortunately, So i called them and they only credited me for the Anemone and i got burned on my two corals, I wont order from them ever again, I been in this hobby almost 14 yrs , and the kid on the phone acted as if i was a newbie at it, So i had enough,

bllfish
08/19/2007, 09:04 PM
I have ordered from Marine Depot A LOT and never had a problem. Their packaging has always been excellent and delivery timely.

Bono
08/20/2007, 07:56 AM
Isn't the "drain" upgrade like $15?

smiller
08/20/2007, 07:59 AM
I'm glad to hear that your situation was taken care of.

closed