PDA

View Full Version : LFS in Denver Area

emoore
08/14/2007, 03:38 PM
I am moving to Littleton in about a month and would like to know of any good LFS. I also need a place to buy RO/DI water. Thanks.

Ebmorri
08/14/2007, 03:52 PM
Littleton covers a big area but the stores will be Great Barrier Reef, Neptunes, Quality Aqau (not sure if they are still there) Keys Island, South Broadway Tropicals, adn Premier Fish and Reef. All are close to the Littleton area so it depends on where you are moving to.

here is a good place to get started.

http://www.artful-dodger.com/fish/lfs.html

Fenton2
08/14/2007, 05:44 PM
All the stores morri mentioned are worth a look. If you're looking for high end stuff and willing to pay a lot, I'd nod to Neptune's. If you're on a budget, I'd check out South Broadway Tropics for fish and maybe Keys Island for coral.

You can buy RO water at almost any King Soopers (the Kroger grocery stores in this neck of the woods) for 35 cents a gallon. I've been using it and my algae has been minimal.

hoodrat
08/14/2007, 06:47 PM
Like eb said the ones you prob want to go to are Keys island, Premier fish, and reef and pond. Quality aqua is down to 1 day a week for 4 hours. Neptunes does get alot of nice stuff in but they can be a lil pricey.

emoore
08/14/2007, 07:13 PM
Thanks for all the advice. I will be sure to check out as many stores as possible.