PDA

View Full Version : Lesson Learned.....

Mikeyjer
08/13/2007, 11:31 PM
I went into the critters yesterday and know exactly what I wanted to buy. I wanted a Sea Hare and a Urchin. I was watching the urchin and it looks fine and moving around, but the sea hare was just sitting there not moving like I remember them from before. I didn't think nothing of it, so I took it home anyway. The moment I open the bag, it kinda stinks a bit, but I still didn't think nothing of it. After acclimating them into my tank, I place them into my tanks but the sea hare didn't move at all still, it sat where I put it. I end up taking it out tonight to check and man does it stink.....it was dead already when I bought it....I don't know if Critters would believe me or not, but I think I'll just let it pass.....A lesson learned, $20 down the drain........

bernini
08/15/2007, 10:05 PM
Michael,

Don't feel too bad. Bought one from them a couple of weeks ago. It was healthy, and really moved around chomping on algae for about a week. Then just turned up dead. Parameters were fine, and plenty for it to eat. Maybe they're sensitive to salinity, water flow, etc,... With the exception of my tang, all of my fish are small, and just a few hermit crabs. Not sure what did it in, but I would be hesitant to buy another.

Will