PDA

View Full Version : Recent Cancun trip pix

dannieboiz
08/13/2007, 01:27 PM
These are some of the pix in cancun. I still need to develop the underwater pictures, will get the posted later.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11381965@N04/

Kinetic
08/13/2007, 03:08 PM
very cool. I always thought Cancun was for drunk teenagers and college students to go party... I guess they have some perks for reefers too!

dannieboiz
08/13/2007, 04:43 PM
Kinetic, you're watching too much Girls Gone Wild man :lol:

Go on the non-spring break months and it's a whole new world.

This is the view from our room
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1406/1108540412_f49ac3d477.jpg

And if anything, you must see the new 7 wonders of the world.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1121/1107693063_27ad05c815.jpg

jkreefer
08/13/2007, 05:05 PM
Hey danny, nice pics

were the underwater pictures in an aquarium or in the oacean, because ive been to Cabo wich is across the baha from cancun and it never looked that nice in the oacean

Kinetic
08/13/2007, 05:11 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10544928#post10544928 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by dannieboiz
Kinetic, you're watching too much Girls Gone Wild man :lol:

Go on the non-spring break months and it's a whole new world.

And if anything, you must see the new 7 wonders of the world.

LOL, I think it's mostly because all my friends are in college so that when I see their cancun pictures it's totally NSFW.

Glad I can see a flip side to it.

Was that really the new wonder of the world? I saw some articles about a new one...

dannieboiz
08/13/2007, 05:49 PM
JK, that's actually pictures of the Aquarium in XCaret. I haven't develop the underwater photos yet, but it's of the actual ocean in Isla Majures, it's right across from Cozumel which is supposed the second largest reef in the world.

Kinetic, have you seen Apocalypto? If you haven't, go see it first, then go to Chitzen Itza. We were there right b4 the voting was over and everyone was telling us to vote for it.

My favorite thing about Cancun was the hospitality of our hotel staff. I'd come back just to get served. :P

Kinetic
08/13/2007, 05:56 PM
which hotel did you stay? generally service is good? or that particular place?

dannieboiz
08/13/2007, 06:38 PM
we stayed at Cancun Palace Resort (http://www.palaceresorts.com/Resorts/CancunPalace/Index.asp) , my family is a premier member of the resort so we get a little better treatment than the regular crowds like spa treatments, and 24/7 room service, turn down service so many time that it gets annoying. It's like they're watching you, everytime you step out of your room for an hour or more, you'll come back finding the room all neat and the bed all tucked again. :eek: . Each guest gets to wear a bracelet and must remains on you for the entire trip. THey're all color coded with different stamps on it. When we were lounging around in the pool, I got to talk to a few other guests and from what they told us, the level service they receive seems to be a little less than ours. Long story, but you got the idea.

It's an all inclusive resort, which is the only way to do it. It's nice to know that you can walk in any restaurants, bars etc.. of the hotel ( 5 or 6 Resorts during your trip) and be able to eat, drink and use all of their amenities w/o paying a dime.

Depending on what you're looking for, each hotel would offer something slightly different. I like my hotel because it's in the hotel zone, close to downtown and everything is there. The foods is decent but not great, Moon Palace would be my choice if excellent foods and family activities is what I'm looking for. Only bad thing about the Moon Palace is it have ugly beaches, but larger pools. It's in the middle of know where. It's so big that it feels like it's a city to itself.

I've never been to the other hotels but you can get some decent deals from Sept to December for 1/4 of the price we paid during prime season.

www.xcaret.com is a must go place, Snorkeling in the underground rivers and seeing how the ocean and the river meets, fresh water and salt water fish in one stream of water was amazing.

jellygeee
08/13/2007, 06:38 PM
Dannieboiz: Where did you see the sea turtles?
Also, did you spot any iguanas? =D

I went to Cancun in May 2007 (stayed at Puerto Morelos). I had some underwater pics as well, but I didn't want to post it here since I will be stealing your thunder =P

racrumrine
08/13/2007, 10:03 PM
Very nice.

Xcaret is great. You could easily spend a whole day there. Did you get to see the evening shows?

We like to hang out in Akumal which is about an hour South of Cancun. A good website to learn more about it is www.locogringo.com You get to swim with the turtles and the reefs are in good condition.

I really like foto 247. If I owned the hotel, I'd want to use it in a brochure.

Best of luck,

Roy

dannieboiz
08/13/2007, 10:44 PM
Jelly, I was there Mid June this year. Saw a bunch of Iguanas, I have pix of them too, I'll post it when I get home tonight. You should definitely share yours as well, I'd love to see it. I'm sure the others would too.

Racrumrine, if I hadn't stay for the night show I'd probably leave Xcaret thinking it was a waste of money. The night show made up 75% of the ticket I think.

I"m planning a short trip to porta vallarta maybe a weekend get away this fall. The flight from here to Cancun just isn't worth a 3 day trip.

Mr2KiEu
08/13/2007, 10:56 PM
amazing view! look at how blue and clear the water is.
that pool is HUGE!

kaihonu82
08/14/2007, 12:01 AM
aww..i love the sea turtles!!!

damn, this is making me want to go on vacation..i'm so due

jellygeee
08/14/2007, 11:41 AM
Dannieboiz: ok, here's the link to the underwater pics I took in Puerto Morelos. The reef is located not far from the hotel that we stay at. We can even see the waves breaking over the reef in the surface since it is shallow.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLandingSignin.jsp?Uc=w9gi15u.5yi90vbi&Uy=-bu30et&Upost_signin=Slideshow.jsp%3Fmode%3Dfromshare&Ux=0

Pics are taken with GoPro 3 camera.