PDA

View Full Version : I need your help

eyebedam
08/12/2007, 12:51 PM
We have a friend thats a single mom that has 2 kids. Gracie 7 & clay is 5. They dont have a whole lot & there dad died of a sudden heartattack a bout 2 years ago. Clay got himself a Betta about a month ago & he always wants to come to our house & see my big tank. Im thinking about setting him up a larger freshwater tank so he can have more than just 1 fish. So if anyone has a old tank laying around they would want to just give away & any old supplies let me know. Im thinking anything from maybe a 30 gal to a 55. Once I get everything set up & running im gonna take him to the critter & let him pick out his fish. Im gonna buy the fish & substrate & help him with maintance but any extra equipment that you may have lying around will be much appreciated. I will post pics & keep his tank status updated.
Thanks
Jason:)

crumbletop
08/12/2007, 12:59 PM
I don't have the tank, but I have some other stuff you could use.

I've got some really nice cherry barbs that you can have for the tank (you could probably have about 6 of them) -- they are a very deep bright red (the males).
I have a whisper 30 HOB pump/filter that you could have as well. It is good for at least 30 gallons.
I have some tan tank gravel that should be enough for a 30.

Mikeyjer
08/12/2007, 01:24 PM
I have a 29g setting around that he can have. After I upgraded my freshwater into 75g, I have the 29 sitting around collecting dust....It needs some cleaning though, it has a plastic top with lighting and heater. No filter with it, I used it on something else. Today would be my only off day until the 22nd, hard to plan stuffs with me......Unless you want to pick it up at my work, I can bring the stuffs along.....Let me know...

fallinapart
08/12/2007, 02:13 PM
I have a Penguin 350 biowheel and a 12" florescent light you can have

Norman

streetracinsrt
08/12/2007, 04:37 PM
I have a top with light included that would fit a 30 long tank 36".
If needed just let me know.

jfolley67
08/12/2007, 09:37 PM
I know it is smaller than you probably want, but I have an up and running 20 gallon freshwater going with filter, plants and gravel, hang on filter and 2 fish in it that are about 2 years old. You are welcome to the entire setup if you would like it.

eyebedam
08/13/2007, 02:52 PM
Thanks for the quick respones. I will get with everyone a little later in the week. Hes gonna be super happy.

gflat65
08/13/2007, 05:32 PM
That's awesome, Jason.

just dave
08/13/2007, 06:21 PM
If you can get down to Memphis I'll give you a new twenty with stand and Eclipse hood. All new.

eyebedam
08/13/2007, 08:14 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10545618#post10545618 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by just dave
If you can get down to Memphis I'll give you a new twenty with stand and Eclipse hood. All new.
Thank you so much for the offer on the tank & stand. If my truck ran a little better I sure would make that trip. I just dont think the old dodge would make it. If I am able to make it that way I will def let you know. Clays a good kid & im just tryin to let him have a guy to look up to. His mom kinda only does things for the girl so he has to do girl stuff all the time.
Thanks again.
Jason

fishdoc11
08/13/2007, 09:39 PM
That's great Jason. Good luck with it:)

mamagoose45
08/13/2007, 11:22 PM
Jason (and Dave) - I'm probably going to be making a trip to Memphis the end of this week for work. If needed, I could probably pick this up for you. Just let me know.

Angela Short
08/14/2007, 10:48 AM
Very cool of you to step up and help fill a void in a young mans life! If you want to go planted I have some substraight and plants I can donate. The gravel is for planted (florite sp?) and would be plenty for a 10 but will mix well with Jacks tan color for a bigger tank and be fine. My plants are doing great and I never do anything to help them along so they seem pretty easy.

If he goes with a more aggressive set up I have a real neat looking but mean a** bottom feeder fish he is welcome to. He is murder on my girls guppies finns and I keep putting off yanking all the plants out to catch him!

eyebedam
08/14/2007, 12:02 PM
That would be awesome Moriah.

luckyfish
08/14/2007, 12:37 PM
Moriah, eyebedam,
Let me know if your trip falls through. I'm planning a trip to Memphis this weekend and I could swing by Dave's on my way out.
Tim

eyebedam
08/14/2007, 06:52 PM
Sounds good Tim. Looks like Clays gonna get a new tank after all. Im gonna pm dave later tonight & make sure everythings good with him. Thanks everybody for your generosity Clays gonna be surprised.