PDA

View Full Version : CMAS club discount

Douglas LEHMAN
08/11/2007, 09:53 PM
Hello
I did a little fishing at the Sea Schor this afternoon, did good as the coral were biting, landed three nice colonies! But alas no CMAS discount. Did anyone else have the same problem. I sure hope it wasn't something I said or did?

Pufferpunk
08/12/2007, 12:16 AM
Ya know, I've never asked. Probably should have. I'm so used to shopping at Coral Reef, where I get one automaticly.

mm949
08/12/2007, 10:33 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10533390#post10533390 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Douglas LEHMAN
....I sure hope it wasn't something I said or did?

did u flash ur cmas card...???;)

jcm1229
08/12/2007, 11:30 AM
I haven't bought anything their for a while, but I always got the CMAS discount just for asking.

acsi
08/12/2007, 01:29 PM
I, too, have always received my discount just by asking. I never had to show the card. Who was at the register? Maybe there is someone new working there who doesn't know about it.:eek:

GrandeGixxer
08/12/2007, 05:44 PM
I just whip out the card, I usually keep it with my Credit Card. :D

jmarches
08/13/2007, 07:11 PM
I joined CMAS at IMAC and still haven't received my card. I've posted on RC a number of times and even emailed the person running CMAS to no effect.

What's up with CMAS? This stinks!!

Sara B
08/13/2007, 08:53 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10545967#post10545967 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jmarches
I joined CMAS at IMAC and still haven't received my card. I've posted on RC a number of times and even emailed the person running CMAS to no effect.

Sorry about you not receiving your member card. I'm following up on this with the appropriate individual.

DaveBien
08/13/2007, 09:10 PM
Sara's getting the ball bat out !!!!! Ya gotta love how subtle she is... lol

jglackin
08/13/2007, 10:01 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10545967#post10545967 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jmarches

I joined some time ago as well and still haven't gotten my card. However, I did follow up and have gotten a response and expect to get my card soon. It did take a while, but I have kept in mind that this is all volunteer work and largely a thankless job. Although I would have preferred to get my card sooner, I am just darn happy that there are people like Bob that are willing to donate their time and energy to helping run CMAS.

Sara B
08/13/2007, 10:14 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10546959#post10546959 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by DaveBien
Sara's getting the ball bat out !!!!! Ya gotta love how subtle she is... lol

Oops, that did sound a little harsh, huh? It was not intended that way. I followed up with Bob on this and you should hear something soon!

jcm1229
08/13/2007, 11:19 PM
Back to the question at hand - Does Sea Schor give CMAS members discounts at the present time and what did they say when you asked (or presented your card)??

jmarches
08/14/2007, 08:33 AM
About a year ago I asked one of Steve's employees, and they said they offered a CMAS discount.

He has also offered the CMAS discount on top of the specials he's offered at his grand reopening awhile back (when they moved the store down th street).

He was also listed on the CMAS sponsor list I got when I signed up for CMAS at IMAC.

Sara - thanks for taking care of my membership. I'll see you all at future events!!

FiberLux
08/14/2007, 09:25 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10549406#post10549406 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jmarches
About a year ago I asked one of Steve's employees, and they said they offered a CMAS discount.

He has also offered the CMAS discount on top of the specials he's offered at his grand reopening awhile back (when they moved the store down th street).

He was also listed on the CMAS sponsor list I got when I signed up for CMAS at IMAC.

Sara - thanks for taking care of my membership. I'll see you all at future events!!

JMarches, I'm so sorry we screwed up your membership info from IMAC. Please PM your contact information to me, so I can be sure that we get this straightened out right away.

As far as Sea Schor, the last I knew Steve was still honoring the CMAS discount. I definitely recommend that you carry your CMAS card with you and show it everytime you purchase. Our LFS are great supporters of the club, but you need to ask for the discount.

Boyd :)

twoslik213
08/15/2007, 08:06 PM
To all in concern;
I hope that everyone who has signed up at IMAC has received their card by now. There will be a check and balance system in place for IMAC 2008. Hopefully this will prevent a re-occurance of what happened in 2007. Thank you for the kind words, and please contact me regarding any membership issues regarding CMAS.

Bob Sosolik
Membership Chairman

newreefer2
08/15/2007, 09:51 PM

I AM IN THE SAME SITUATION. I PAID AT IMAC BUT HAVEN'T RECIEVED A CARD YET. I DON'T THINK I HAVE MADE THE MAILING LIST EITHER.
CARL

Pufferpunk
08/15/2007, 09:54 PM
There is no mailing list. Folks were supposed to find out about events on the website, which hasn't been updated in a really long time. I was given the job to send out mailers to anyone that didn't have Internet access but haven't gotten any kind of newsletter to send in many months.