PDA

View Full Version : FS: Blackspot Angelfish Pair (Genicanthus melanospilos)

Unarce
08/10/2007, 12:32 PM
Hi everyone,

Regrettably, I have to let my recent acquisition go. I've been wanting a Zebra (male) and Swallowtail (female) for quite some time, but they unfortunately won't let my anthias eat:(

This is a large pair of Blackspot Angels (Genicanthus melanospilos). The male is about 7" (including tail) and the female is about 6" (including tail).

Zebra
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c255/unarcephotos/male.jpg

Swallowtail
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c255/unarcephotos/female.jpg

Both are eating frozen mysis and ocean plankton. These are completely reef safe planktivore angelfish. I just love my anthias more.

Asking $150 obo. Would like to move by this weekend.

-K

juaninsac
08/10/2007, 06:38 PM
Karl, are they bullying your anthias?

Unarce
08/10/2007, 07:00 PM
Only during feeding time. Is that not normal?

juaninsac
08/11/2007, 12:01 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10526462#post10526462 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Unarce
Only during feeding time. Is that not normal?

It's unusual for Genicanthus, but can be exacerbated in smaller tanks. Those are big specimens! Gorgeous too.

Do you mind if I use these pictures for a presentation?

mothra
08/11/2007, 06:41 PM
Karl,

I would love these fish... but can't house them right now.I do have another tank that I could set up temporarily, but eventually I need to move my fish into it, which includes a pair of watanabei's... I think they'll clash in the holding tank.

Timing is everything :(

Unarce
08/12/2007, 01:12 PM
You're more than welcome to use the pics, Juan. I'll try and get you more later today.

Yesterday was day 3 with the angels, and the anthias were brave enough to feed with them. Seems I misinterpreted the angels aggressive feeding behavior as aggression towards the anthias. They don't seem to care that they're around, apparently. I guess the anthias weren't used to have to big fish around.

I'm going to keep them for now, but Jacob, I'll let you know if I feel my system is too small for them. They'd go great with your next system;)

mothra
08/12/2007, 01:17 PM
They'd go great with your next system

Yes, yes they would. If you ever decide they've outgrown your tank look me up :) I'm also in the hunt for a masked swallowtail pair (G. semifasciatus) in case anyone happens across them please let me know!

juaninsac
08/12/2007, 03:24 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10536757#post10536757 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by mothra
Yes, yes they would. If you ever decide they've outgrown your tank look me up :) I'm also in the hunt for a masked swallowtail pair (G. semifasciatus) in case anyone happens across them please let me know!

Hooo boy, we were at a wholesaler the other day and came across a grouping of 5 female semifasciatus with one proud and boldly colored male, nuzzling them all like a big fat king. They all ate frozen mysids and didn't appear to have any decompression issues. If they ranged into the Phillipines (our tank is a strict biotope) I'd have purchased them on the spot. What a sight!

juaninsac
08/12/2007, 03:36 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10536721#post10536721 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Unarce
You're more than welcome to use the pics, Juan. I'll try and get you more later today.

Nice, thanks Karl! I'm so glad it sounds like they're working out.

mothra
08/12/2007, 04:18 PM
juan, ygpm :)

juaninsac
08/12/2007, 05:33 PM
Jacob, you too!

mothra
08/13/2007, 07:28 PM
we were at a wholesaler the other day and came across a grouping of 5 female semifasciatus

The semifasciatus male is gone already, females are still there. I would have picked up the male and three females if they still had him :(

Unarce
08/13/2007, 07:31 PM
Sorry to hear that, Jacob. I had my fingers crossed for you. Male masked swallowtails are so hard to find:(

mothra
08/13/2007, 08:16 PM
Thanks Karl. I even had a (very cool) LFS owner out here agree to hold them for me in his 380g tank until mine is set up. The whole thing would have just been too good to be true.

{juan - keep you eyes peeled :D}

GreshamH
08/14/2007, 02:57 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10537438#post10537438 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by juaninsac
G. semifasciatus If they ranged into the Phillipines (our tank is a strict biotope) I'd have purchased them on the spot. What a sight!

Well good news, they do :) I've imported more then a few from PI in the past. Books say Northern PI, but divers have reported and caught them much further south into PI.

juaninsac
08/14/2007, 03:04 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10548806#post10548806 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by GreshamH
Well good news, they do :) I've imported more then a few from PI in the past. Books say Northern PI, but divers have reported and caught them much further south into PI.

Well then I may have to do some nudging and convincing. :) Right now we just have Lamarck's and Black Spots planned.