PDA

View Full Version : What Should I Do?

CombatVet
08/09/2007, 07:21 PM
Ok, I have a 90G Tank. Currently I have a 48" Current Fixture 2X65W SmartPaq Bulbs ( each bulb set has 1 white and blue bulb ). I also have a 48" Coralife T5 Fixture with 2 bulbs, 1 is a 10k white bulb and the other is a Actinic bulb unsure of the watt output on these. I bought the tank used and the equipment came with it. I am trying to use the current equipment with adding 1x175w metal Halide to keep cost down while bringing the lighting standard up.

Ok my question is with the addition of the Metal hailde what bulb combo in the other 2 fixtures would be optimal. All Actinic? All white? 1 fixture all white or 1 fixture all actinic?

My goal is to be able to do a reef aquarium with as many corals that the lighting combo above will allow. I know there are many other options but I am going to make the best out of what I got with adding the 1 metal Halide and changing the bulbs in the others. Thanks.

djcerna
08/10/2007, 04:59 PM
Most people use a 10K MH and use the rest for Antinics. But with the PC you could also do 50/50 10K/antinics to help not make it too blue.
david

DarG
08/10/2007, 05:18 PM
Unless you use a light mover you will not cover that tank with one metal halide. Sticking one halide over the center and hoping for the best will just get you incomplete coverage and a big shadow from the tanks center brace. If you are going to do halide, do yourself a favor and budget for two halides.

CombatVet
08/10/2007, 06:16 PM
Ok thanks for the info guys