PDA

View Full Version : cheater?

crsandoval
08/08/2007, 02:37 AM
Seems like the guy rehearsed his speech, its to bad this guy had to go thought such a chemical transformation to break a record. From that skinny guy in Pitts, to a beast in SF.

I hope for the sake of baseball it is determined he did not shoot up roids, but if it is determined to be that he cheated, I cannot wait to see them take the record from him.

SteveOhh
08/08/2007, 09:06 AM
The man has never failed a drug test....................so how has he cheated??

If MLB wasn't testing for it, then that's thier own downfall................

Funny how people embraced McGwire & Sosa when they were chasing 61...............ok but then again they were taking performance enhancing drugs too...........................should we wipe thier names outta the record books too & just give the HR record back to Maris???

Speaking of cheaters, if it wasn't for 'roids, there wouldn't be the NFL........................6'6" 325 lb men running 4.6 40's..............ya that happens w/o 'roids.......... :rolleyes:

wishntoboutside
08/08/2007, 09:23 AM
if any of these guys were tested like cyclist that all would be banned from the sport by now.

crsandoval
08/08/2007, 10:56 AM
every sport has its demons basketball has grass and too many kids football has vick and pacman baseball has roids its awful. When mcgwire testified over a year ago i was let down. Baseball needed a comeback but not with drugs. Its petty.

coast2coast7390
08/08/2007, 11:19 AM
steve there are other drugs out there that cant be tested for that do the same thing as steroids

SteveOhh
08/08/2007, 11:40 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10506862#post10506862 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by coast2coast7390
steve there are other drugs out there that cant be tested for that do the same thing as steroids

Understand..............................it's baseball's responsibility to spend some of the $60 billion they make each year & do some R & R to develop tests that will detect any type of "iollegal substance"........................Cycling has it & they only run one "Major" race every year.......................Why not baseball???

Again, innocent until proven guilty.....................You'd want the same respect if you were accused of something.........

One more thing Sparky Anderson said "If they have all this proof, then show it...................Until then, they are just accusations." I agree w/ Sparky......

crsandoval
08/08/2007, 11:43 AM
Innocent until proven guilty, is implied but not a guaranteed right, I would know, I just took my criminal procedure final last night... Law school is tough... plain tough... either way, as a fan of the game and sports in general, except for soccer, I just do not get it, we should have responsibility. As I said earlier, each sport has their demons, and until a difficult PR disaster arrives nothing happens.

coast2coast7390
08/08/2007, 11:48 AM
i respect the guy i think its an awesome acomplishment with or with out steroids

ezcompany
08/08/2007, 11:57 AM
that is why soccer is the only sport i watch :D

SteveOhh
08/08/2007, 12:00 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10507202#post10507202 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ezcompany
that is why soccer is the only sport i watch :D With "fakers" & "dives" where the player lays there squirming in pain looking like he's going to die. They remove him from the field using a stretcher & once they hit the bench, he has an incredible recovery & is walking around as if nothing happened..................... :rolleyes:

08/08/2007, 12:04 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10507221#post10507221 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by SteveOhh
With "fakers" & "dives" where the player lays there squirming in pain looking like he's going to die. They remove him from the field using a stretcher & once they hit the bench, he has an incredible recovery & is walking around as if nothing happened..................... :rolleyes:

Are you talking about Bofo, from the Mexican league. He got an award I think on Best Damn Sports Show for last years cup games. That dude did that 5 times with 45:25 and they had 2 minutes left to play. He was killing time:lol: Out with the stretcher, back in within 10 seconds, and 4 times... out with a stretcher and back in....:rolleyes: Now he comes in this year and grows a baby fro and bleaches the whole thing?!?!?! I love the sport, but thats about the only downfall.

SteveOhh
08/08/2007, 12:08 PM
That's why the greatest team sport, hockey, has a "diving" rule...............You try that crap on the ice & you get sent to the penalty box..... :D

Scissorhand
08/08/2007, 12:48 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10505916#post10505916 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by wishntoboutside
if any of these guys were tested like cyclist that all would be banned from the sport by now.

how true.

the only clean sport is Pool/Billiards and Chess.

Given the choice to cheat, people WILL cheat. It's human nature.

Athletes are only as clean as the latest testing procedures, and to be honest, we're quite a few years behind.