PDA

View Full Version : treating ich

Blaster
08/07/2007, 10:57 PM
A question i have't found an answer for is.How do you accimulate a fisge h to a tank full of medicine,also when cupermine for example is used is the biological filter garbage after treatment?

kevin2000
08/08/2007, 09:20 AM
Not sure I understand the acclimation issue .. if the fish is coming from the ST then try and setup your QT with the same water specs .. if the fish is coming from the LFS then acclimate the same as you would if it were going into the ST.

Cupramine will have an adverse impact on a bio-filter ... won't necessarily totally destroy it but it will knock it back some. Keep an eye on ammonia and try and keep the QT clean (siphon out any uneatened food or any fish poop).

Blaster
08/08/2007, 11:25 AM
What i was trying to ask is can i acclimate a fish to water that already has cupermine in it,like from the quaratine tank?

ndas2976
08/08/2007, 11:39 AM
A lot of lfs run copper in their tanks all the time to keep down parasite infection. They acclimate their new shipment of fish to their fish only tanks with copper in it, so you could to. Just be sure the level of cupermine is not above the therapeutic level that seachem reccomends.