PDA

View Full Version : Eggcrate, new or used?

Kinetic
08/07/2007, 01:06 AM
Does anybody have pieces of spare eggcrate? I need a few pieces and a few big'ish pieces.

I need one ~ 30" long x 12" wide or so piece, or if you have a few smaller pieces that are bigger than 6" x 6" that'd be awesome.

Black or white, black preferred.

Thanks!

reefnetworth
08/07/2007, 01:15 AM
i believe it comes in white and chrome only. you can find it in the lighting dept. @ Lowes or HD. its pretty cheap, but if you want, i can cut it to size for you and ship it to ya! :lol:
just jokin, its common name is a light defuser, that may help in finding it. good luck :)

Kinetic
08/07/2007, 01:17 AM
yeah I know where to get it, and I've seen it in black, but I just wanted a few smaller pieces =)

lbear
08/07/2007, 01:57 AM
I have one big piece of 48"x24" (white). I can cut some for you.

tapmorf
08/07/2007, 01:59 AM
Hey been out of the hobby for a couple months now. I still have a relatively full piece. It is yours if you want it.

fishnfst
08/07/2007, 02:42 AM
Get it while you can... The 3 hd's around here have all stopped carrying it.. You can order it online or get it from Tap.. I read an article that Eileen linked too that said the styrene eggcrate is not good.. It leaches some type of chemical into the water.. The article went on to say that the acrylic eggcrate was the type to get..