PDA

View Full Version : Shafted by FFExpress

1diverdown
10/02/2002, 01:50 PM
if anyone has looked at the FFExpress 'Collector's Corner' site today, you'll see (at least as of right now) a 2" goldflake angel. i purchased this fish minutes after they opened for business. not only did i get a verbal confirmation from the manager that the fish was available, i got a confirmation e-mail from Robert (the sales person i worked with, who was extremely helpful) finalizing the sale (this included my credit card # as well, which i had given over the phone to buy the fish) for shipment today. 10 minutes after receiving the email, Robert called me to tell me that their 'supplier' had sold the fish to someone else, and that my fish wasn't really in FFE's possession at anytime. needless to say i am totally p...er...upset. this is a really cheesy way of doing business.

i have been quite pleased with FFE in the past (i purchased a lineatus wrasse from them 2 weeks ago, among other things, that is doing great), but this is really disturbing. just make sure you confirm that they actually are in possession of the fish before you get your heart set on something.

btw...anyone out there know of a reputable dealer who has a 2" healthy goldflake angel IN STOCK???????????

Doug

Sir Knight
10/02/2002, 03:30 PM
Have you tried Marine Center.
They have them listed on their site

http://home.flash.net/~rarefish/index.htm

hope this helps

KenT
10/02/2002, 07:03 PM
<font size="2" color="#0000FF">* Your post is in violation of the <a href="http://www.reefcentral.com/agreement.htm">terms
and conditions of use</a> of this web site and has been edited. Further violations will result in revocation of your posting privileges. *</font>

I have ordered from them many times and have been very pleased with their live stock and customer service.

Next time make a legitimate complaint!

<i><br>Here at Reef Central, we believe that dialogs between participants should be conducted in a friendly and helpful manner. If you disagree with a posting, please express yourself in a way that is conducive to further constructive dialog. Conversely, when you post on any given subject, you must be willing to accept constructive criticism without posting a hostile or inflammatory response. Personal attacks of any kind will not be tolerated. Please let’s work to insure that Reef Central remains a friendly and flame free site where everyone, especially newcomers, can feel free to post questions without fear of being unfairly criticized. Thank you for your cooperation.

Edited by Anemone</i>

Series2
10/02/2002, 11:46 PM
KenT

Nothing more upsetting than what you experienced. I too recently had an issue with them on a similar matter. However, after calming down (dude,I was P***ed), I called back and asked to speak with the live stock manager to better understand what happened. Every case is different, but one thing remains the same, their service. I would attempt to get a hold of Jerrold, let him know what your looking for and that you need it asap. I am sure he can find you one, it may not be tomorrow, but I can assure you that if you leave a standing order with him, he will fill it as soon as he can (he moves pretty quick when it comes to special orders).

To top it off (I am relatively local), Jerrold wanted to be sure that I received my wrasse on this order.... He not only dropped it off, but stuck around during acclimation and shared some great advice for my reef.

Give 'em a call. He will go to work for you.

Series2:thumbsup:

Series2
10/02/2002, 11:49 PM
My Reply was intended for 1diverdown

Sorry its my first time:D

tentacle
10/03/2002, 12:31 AM
Well I don't know what Ken said but it obviously was heartfelt. :)

1diverdown all I wanted to say was that I have to agree with Series2 (welcome to RC btw, you live in my neck of the woods) about Jerrold's customer service and about him going the extra mile (actually, all of FFE's people give this kind of care and concern IME). From what you said it was a mixup that they had little control over, and I'm sure Robert was as upset as you were and I'm sure Jerrold gave his supplier an earfull.

I can tell you they are not running a cheesy operation by any stretch of the imagination as I have had many dealings with them and have visited their operation firsthand. I'm sure if you give them another chance, they will get you an amazing goldflake angel and it will ship out as promised.

1diverdown
10/03/2002, 12:55 AM
actually, this is not the first time i've ordered from FFE (and probably not the last) as i mentioned in my first post. they honor their 5 day guarantee without any hassle (i had a perc arrive DOA and a venustus quit on me on day 2 on seperate occasions). also, as i said, i was very impressed with the lineatus wrasse that i got from them, and that was high $$$. however, my intentions were to point out a fallacy in the process. not Robert's service, since he was quite upset about this too, but the fact that a rare, expensive, and prominently advertised item (the goldflake) was up for sale (and theoretically sold to me) when they didn't even have it. that's sort of deceptive, and Robert was put in a ugly position of having to tell me the bad news. i'm not sure what KenT was so upset about (his post had been edited before i had a chance to see it), because if this isn't a legitimate complaint about someone selling a particular item, i don't know what is.

fortunately i was able to get a goldflake from Robert at Aquatic Reflections for (get this) $149, already eating, quarantined for more than a week, almost half what FFE was asking, and the same size. no hassle, and i already have an airborne confirmation# on my shipment for tomorrow. if you haven't had a chance to work with him, it's worth checking them out (i've done lots of business with Robert, and he's a good guy).

Anemone
10/03/2002, 10:51 AM
1diverdown and Series2,

[welcome]

See, moderators do get to do something nice occcasionally....:D

Kevin

KenT
10/03/2002, 12:39 PM
I guess my last post was alittle too much for the Board Gods:D

1Diverdown,

My response to your complaint about FFE was critisizing(sp) you about how minor I think your complaint is. These boards are very powerfull tools to keep internet vendors honest and moral, and to protect other potential customers safe. I don't think it is necessary to write a negative post about FFE just because they misstakenly said they had a fish in stock, when actually they did not. They did do the right thing by calling you back to let you know what happened.

Anemone, how was that? :D

Anemone
10/03/2002, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by KenT
Anemone, how was that? :D

Perfect!:thumbsup:

Kevin

neuroracer
10/03/2002, 04:23 PM
1diverdown,

What is that website address for Aquatic Reflections?

Thanks,

neuroracer

1diverdown
10/03/2002, 04:46 PM
neuroracer...

here's the link. my fish arrived today. 2'' emperor, 2" goldflake, pr scott's wrasses, trio bicolor anthias. all flawless and very active. plus, Robert always returns calls the same day if he's not available and really cares about the health of the animals he sells. in fact, airborne express has lost 2 shipments during the past year that i've been doing business with AR and Robert either replaced or credited every dime of the animals that perished (which totalled in excess of $1500) without making me yell or make me feel guilty about it . plus he gets a pretty decent selection of acros throughout the year. i guess after dealing with people like him, you get used to good customer service, and that is why i was so ticked with FFE originally.

http://www.aquatic-reflections.com/

Series2
10/04/2002, 01:01 AM
i guess after dealing with people like him, you get used to good customer service, and that is why i was so ticked with FFE originally.

Sorry Man, you completely lost me here.:hmm4: You just took a jab at FFE customer service? Would you have preferred they send you your order without the fish?

Its obvious your order with AR came through as you requested, and you received good customer service at AR. :thumbsup: Good for you! :bigeyes: But to admit to, in the same thread "look folks that guy at FFE is honest" and "he was great at assisting me" and "he was upset at not being able to help me" to turn the page the next day to saying the same guy and the same company offered poor customer service is a joke.:hmm4:
Go ahead and start a separate positive thread for AR. Why smear your great experience in your own confusion.:idea:

This post reminds me of stepping in dog poo. You insist on wiping it off all over the place instead of walking over to the garden hose and rinsing it off.:blown:

1diverdown
10/04/2002, 11:30 AM
Series2..

'dog poo'? 'garden hose'??me confused? HELLO?? turn off your ozone reactor and open a window.

Sorry Man, you completely lost me here. You just took a jab at FFE customer service? Would you have preferred they send you your order without the fish?

did you not read my original post???? my point was that a fish that was sold to me wasn't even available! it was an FYI to anyone out there to make sure that doesn't happen to them when ordering a high dollar, hard to find item. and no, i wouldn't want them to send me the order without the fish. the whole point of the order was that fish! i would have been even more p****d if they had done that.

this has absolutely nothing to do with Robert's (at FFE) attitude. unfortunately he just happened to be the messenger. however, just because someone is nice about something doesn't make the situation acceptable. good customer service is delivering the goods as advertised, as well as being 'nice' about it. are you trying to tell me you don't agree with that??? is that why you're so confused? maybe i'm just asking too much believing that someone actually has in their possession what they are advertising as for sale.

and FWIW, the information about AR was for neuroracer, since he had asked about the URL. i figured i'd let him (her?) know about my VENDOR EXPERIENCE regarding AR since it's clear that he hadn't used them before. why would i bother starting a new thread when i can tell him now and i know he's going to see it?????? spend some time perusing the other forums and you'll find that this is a relatively common practice.

KenT
10/04/2002, 06:07 PM
So they made a harmless misstake. The only thing that happened was you did not get the fish. I don't "get" your post either.

Series2
10/04/2002, 10:52 PM
spend some time perusing the other forums and you'll find that this is a relatively common practice

Thanks for the advise:rolleyes:

Spend some time looking at the collectors corner (you know...the area you saw your prized fish at), specifically at the top of it.

:eek:

SeanT
10/08/2002, 03:09 PM

My response to your complaint about FFE was critisizing(sp) you about how minor I think your complaint is.
Maybe it was minor to YOU. How rude for you to assume that it was minor to him.
These boards are very powerfull tools to keep internet vendors honest and moral, and to protect other potential customers safe..
E-X-A-C-T-L-Y. He is here voicing HIS complaint about how HE dind't like the way HIS deal went down.
I don't think it is necessary to write a negative post about FFE just because they misstakenly said they had a fish in stock, when actually they did not.
Ok...don't write one then.

So they made a harmless misstake. The only thing that happened was you did not get the fish. I don't "get" your post either.
So? I am tired of watching you sheep jump on ANYONE who voices a complaint from a store that YOU deem good.
HE GOT SCROOGIED...it may have been a little scroogeing but he was scroogied nonetheless.

Anemone
10/08/2002, 04:32 PM
SeanT,

You've taken a thread that hasn't been responded to in four days, where the folks involved have finished venting, and jumped in and stirred things up (and you just jumped on another poster in another vendors thread).

Why? Bad day? :D

Kevin

SeanT
10/08/2002, 04:51 PM
Yeah a little. ;)

Didn't notice the date. Go ahead and delete my remarks. :)

KenT
10/08/2002, 05:45 PM
Sean

Diverdown can speak for himself. I too can post a response to his post.

1. Rude? Give me a break!

2. There was no deal that went down. He ordered a fish, then they called back to say they did not have the fish. (I still don't see the problem here, what is the big deal? Dissapointing yes, shafted, give me a break!

3. Exactly!

4. I don't understand what "you sheep" actually refers to, but it seems you may be one too. Anyone has the right to post a complaint but this one is obviously petty and really not necessary. Again, he did not get "scroogied", whatever that means. No harm no foul!

pnosko
10/08/2002, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by Anemone
SeanT, You've taken a thread that hasn't been responded to in four days, where the folks involved have finished venting, and jumped in and stirred things up (and you just jumped on another poster in another vendors thread).SeanT, please keep it up. It'll help knock me out of the (alleged) 1st place position on the Reef Central Complainer List. :D

SeanT
10/08/2002, 06:34 PM
Diverdown can speak for himself. I too can post a response to his post.
And I can respond right back.

1. Rude? Give me a break!
Yes, rude. To belittle someone else for voicing there opinion. That is just ******* rude.

2. There was no deal that went down. He ordered a fish, then they called back to say they did not have the fish. (I still don't see the problem here, what is the big deal?
Walk a mile in his shoes. OBVIOUSLY he does feel it is a big deal or there would not have been a post. I do to feel it was wrong. And the compensation on an exact species of fish should be made available to him at a significant discount. I wouldn't think there would be a problem...EXCEPT they said the fish was there, they took he CC number...ergo he had a 'contract' with them for that fish, at that price, at that time.

4. I don't understand what "you sheep" actually refers to,
It refers to the "nothing you can do it about it man...stuff happens dude." attitude I see too often by consumers.

Originally posted by KenT Anyone has the right to post a complaint but this one is obviously petty and really not necessary. Again, he did not get "scroogied", whatever that means. No harm no foul! [/B]

WOW! Again you believe you have the omnipotent powers to deem what is 'petty' and what is 'worthy' of a complaint. How little of you to decide his feelings and his situation for him.

SeanT
10/08/2002, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by pnosko
It'll help knock me out of the (alleged) 1st place position on the Reef Central Complainer List. :D

It ain't complainin' if you're right.

KenT
10/08/2002, 07:31 PM
Sean

1. Yes he can voice an opinion, I can challenge that opinion and it's credibility.

2. They do not owe him any discount, an appology yes and an offer to supply the fish when it is available. My god you guys make this out to be a criminal injustice! If it was "wrong" there would be some motive of intent. Seems to me they just made a misstake! And they took is CC # but was it charged? Refunded?Do you really feel that this mistake has inflicted emotional distress? Maybe he should file a lawsuit.

3. As far as your sheep referece, There is no harm, no foul! And no, there is nothing you can do about it except whine because you didn't get what you wanted. They didn't have the fish.....BIG DEAL!!!! They didn't ship the wrong fish, they didn't ship a dead fish, they didn't deny restitution, and they did not take his money and ship nothing. I still don't see the problem!!!!

4. My omnipotent powers? Aren't you getting a little carried away? What about your "omnipotent powers" critisizing my opinion??

Maybe instead of complaining he should have mearly posted that people should request confirmation that what they are ordering is in stock instead of posting that they got shafted.

5. Fool? wow, name calling, that's pretty little of you now isn't it? My feeling are hurt, mabe I should complain about it.

dvups1
10/08/2002, 08:10 PM
Order confirmation? 1diverdown received 2 confirmations on his order! Sounds to me like false advertising. KenT if your alright with this type of business practice then I'll sell you something you really want, give you a couple of confirmations, let you get excited, and then bust your bubble. I am confident it will be no big deal right.

KenT
10/08/2002, 08:23 PM
Please don't burst my bubble!!!!! I get so upset:sad1: Especially when it comes to a fish I just have to have.

Snailman
10/08/2002, 08:40 PM
Sean T and Ken T........

This thread has been taken completely off track by your back and forth attacks. Take it to PM's or email but not in the Vendor forum.
Consider this a warning for both of you.

Snailman

KenT
10/08/2002, 08:43 PM
Sorry to go the wrong way with this Snailman.

SeanT
10/08/2002, 09:07 PM
Ken I do apologize for the fool comment.
Snailman, I don't think we were so much attacking each other. We were going at it bit but maybe attacking is too harsh a term. Anyways I apologize.

Here is my MAIN points and I am thru with this:

One, it is the individual's choice to post if they feel they have been wronged in ANY way.

Two, It used to be the customer is always right and it has now become...the customer can go diddle themselves. And the people out there who take what they feel is bad service and don't do anything about it are directly responsible for allowing businesses to run over us, all of us, the consumers, time and time again.
If people would stand up for themselves, make a scene, and take their HARD EARNED money elsewhere, and let people know about the bad service they received and from where they got it, those types of places would go bankrupt. I would call up FFE and DEMAND, that's right DEMAND, a discount on the same type fish. Let them KNOW you will badmouth them and report what happened to all your friends on reefcentral, on other BBS's and elsewhere. Show them this post etc.
The fact of the matter is, it is OUR money, and if one business shafts you take as much business from them that you can and find a place that won't.
The good customer service establishments will thrive, the bad ones will perish and that's how it should be.

And this doesn't pertain to just fish stuff.
At least once a week, in my personal life or professional occupation, I find myself either having some sales/service person being rude or lying about a product (either intentionally or thru ignorance) and I call them out on it right then and there. I NEVER let it go. Yes, I can be a real PITA. But you know what? I don't care.
MY MONEY. MY WAY. Or I go elsewhere.
I work 70 hours a week and I will be damned if I will get ripped off in any sense of the word over anything.

Plenty of fish in the sea...dont pardon the pun.

1diverdown
10/08/2002, 10:01 PM
Damn....and i was just about to sit this round out and sort of watch things unfold. i told SeanT in a private message that i appreciate his support but I wasn't going to get involved with this anymore. then Ken you went and started taking cheap shots at me again, so i felt compelled to voice MY OPINION based on MY EXPERIENCE, which is exactly what this is all about.

1. Yes he can voice an opinion, I can challenge that opinion and it's credibility.

yes you can. isn't free speech great? but, what makes you think that my opinion isn't credible (i.e. believable, reliable)? the incident happened. you can call FFE and talk to Robert if you want. i'm sure he'll tell you it happened. i formed an opinion based on the events that transpired. therefore it is credible. apparently, someone else agrees with me. you might not like my opinion, but regardless, it's still 'credible'. you have a different opinion. that's perfectly fine, but what makes your opinion better or more credible than mine?

2. They do not owe him any discount, an appology yes and an offer to supply the fish when it is available. My god you guys make this out to be a criminal injustice! If it was "wrong" there would be some motive of intent.

i agree with you on the first two parts. i wasn't looking for a discount, nor did i expect one, and i didn't think this was a 'criminal injustice'. however, i disagree with you on the third part. using an extreme example, if i accidently run someone over with my car eventhough i wasn't intending to, it's still wrong. likewise, in MY OPINION i feel that is is wrong to sell someone an advertised product that wasn't really available. i really didn't think they had all gotten together to conspire against me when i called in ('motive of intent'). however...are you familiar with the concept of 'bait and switch'?

Do you really feel that this mistake has inflicted emotional distress?

HA! let's see....i was pi**ed. that's all. where are you getting 'emotional distress' from? i'm not claiming i've developed 'severe emotional trauma' over this, and you're the one blowing this WAY out of proportion by taking it to a personal level. but on the other hand, Ken, you are fantastically arrogant aren't you. what makes you think that just because you perceive a situation differently from someone else that your opinion is better than theirs, which is what this whole thread has become? how do you know that the fish in question wasn't for my son who is critically ill and that's the only one he wanted? i guess that would cause emotional distress now wouldn't it? so it is a BIG DEAL to me!

And no, there is nothing you can do about it except whine because you didn't get what you wanted.

WRONG! i can tell everyone on this site about it. if everyone else out in reefland had your attitude and OPINION, then we wouldn't be trading frags to save reefs, breeding clams and other species to reduce strain on the environment, and telling the locals that it's more economical not to dynamite reefs and use cyanide to capture fish. so i can do something about it. that's exactly what SeanT meant with his 'sheep' comment.

Maybe instead of complaining he should have mearly posted that people should request confirmation that what they are ordering is in stock instead of posting that they got shafted.

shafted...mislead....'scroogied'...whatever. it's a matter of semantics. i chose shafted since that's a word i happen to use in casual conversation. i guess if i used 'scroogied' (which i have never heard before) on a regular basis, i would have used that one instead. do you think it would have made sense to everyone if i hadn't included the events leading up to me making that statement????? however, in case you might have missed it (from my very first post),

just make sure you confirm that they actually are in possession of the fish before you get your heart set on something.

next time, if you're thinking about making a personal attack, keep it to yourself.

Series2
10/09/2002, 02:40 AM
Its too bad 1diverdown already purchased his fish elsewhere. I see another Goldflake on FFE CC List. Would have been interesting to see what they would have done for you 1diverdown.

I bet 10 times the amount of that fish they would have made you happy.

:D

clkohly
10/09/2002, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by pnosko
SeanT, please keep it up. It'll help knock me out of the (alleged) 1st place position on the Reef Central Complainer List. :D

I think he beats you Pete. Your complaints usually make some bit of sense. Doesnt get enough out of murdering his fish "Mr tank of death" so he has to come on and harass people.

SeanT
10/10/2002, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by clkohly

I think he beats you Pete. Your complaints usually make some bit of sense. Doesnt get enough out of murdering his fish "Mr tank of death" so he has to come on and harass people.

Wow aren't you just an example of unitellegence with access to the web.
I am hot harassing anyone. I am stating my opinion on this situation.
If you don't like it...leave.

BTW...Way to add something constructive.

Seriak
10/10/2002, 02:42 PM
It is common business practice to work with other vendors to broaden your supply to the consumer. That same fish may never have been available on FFE if it wasn't for shared inventory. However; the draw back is the fact that you may be offering something you really don't have because of timing. What is the result? It depends on the consumer. Some may never order from them again. Some may not care. That is the risk that the supplier risks.

As a comparison, if I walk into McDonalds and receive a burger that has a hair in it, I pick out the hair and finish my meal. However, I have seen personally people flip out and demand all sorts of things because of a hair.

People respond differently. I just don't think anyone should judge this. Take his comment and decide for yourself. Don't bash him for his opinion. That is how wars start. Which I am hoping I am not starting one now.

I agree with the moderator. Everyone should probably take a step back and in this one instance keep their opinions to themselves. At least on this issue. Nothing personal.

Love thy neighbor, but most of all, love thy reef!

SeanT
10/10/2002, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by Seriak
...if I walk into McDonalds and receive a burger that has a hair in it, I pick out the hair and finish my meal. However, I have seen personally people flip out and demand all sorts of things because of a hair.

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDDDE! No way!!! :eek2:
I would at least have a new meal made.

SeanT
10/10/2002, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by Seriak
...if I walk into McDonalds and receive a burger that has a hair in it, I pick out the hair and finish my meal. However, I have seen personally people flip out and demand all sorts of things because of a hair.

Seriak
10/10/2002, 04:33 PM
I guess I get that from my father. Just to lazy too go up and complain and too hungry to care. You know what is really gross? Eating the hair and not realizing it and they pulling the 2 foot long hair out slowly wondering if it will ever end.

Well, anyone for fastfood? I'm buying!

Newreeflady
10/11/2002, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by SeanT

Sorry, just couldn't stand this one! I'd get my refund and a free meal! :D Ew, someone's hair, could be bathing in **** for all I know:frog:

FWIW, this is a free board, and he does have a right to complain. this is just like the people who jump on everyones heads for complaining about PA, personally I think you guys need to concentrate on your own purchases and experiences and not be belittling others!

Angela.

Newreeflady
10/11/2002, 12:58 AM
Oh, and let me also add that I would have been ****ed, and this would have caused me not to order again. Don't take my credit info, confirm my order TWICE (geesh), then come back with, we/ahem "they" sold your fish! ***k that!

Angela.

Newreeflady
10/11/2002, 01:00 AM
Oh, and I would've expected a discount, or even a free fish and only shipping charges out of this. Sorry, but don't sit me down, have me stare at something for an hour trying to decide to buy it, say you have it, take my info, confirm my order TWICE, then come back and tell my that my time was wasted and my expectations will not be met! ugh, bad business practices, the really should've offered some kind of compensation to keep the business, imo.

Angela.

SeanT
10/11/2002, 08:34 PM
Preach on sistah, preach ON!

Snailman
10/11/2002, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by SeanT

Wow aren't you just an example of unitellegence with access to the web.
I am hot harassing anyone. I am stating my opinion on this situation.
If you don't like it...leave.

BTW...Way to add something constructive.

Speaking of adding something "constructive"....... this thread has become anything but constructive. It has the potential to be closed.....along with a some posting privilages in jeopardy.
This is the last warning. Sean T please check your PM's shortly.

Snailman

SeanT
10/11/2002, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by clkohly
Your complaints usually make some bit of sense. Doesnt get enough out of murdering his fish "Mr tank of death" so he has to come on and harass people.

And you don't see THIS as an attack snailman?

Tagamet
10/11/2002, 11:57 PM
Hi all,
I 've just read every post in this thread and it is my humble opinion that this horse is dead. It ain't moving. It ain't gonna move. It's been rode hard and put away wet. It is done. (makes the sign of the cross).
Now let's go find another horse (g) !
Tag

ReefGeekster
10/12/2002, 02:02 AM
Originally posted by bulldogger1
Order confirmation? 1diverdown received 2 confirmations on his order! Sounds to me like false advertising. KenT if your alright with this type of business practice then I'll sell you something you really want, give you a couple of confirmations, let you get excited, and then bust your bubble. I am confident it will be no big deal right.

Guess it's always different depending which side of the fence your on.

I myself would have offered first dibs on the next one in and shipped it for free. That's just me....

Praises, people may tell a couple other people, complaints people tell 100 other people.

To me confirmation is as good as a cyber handshake.

divrgrl8
10/22/2002, 09:47 AM
Well, I have just read through all these posts, and since all y'all seem to have opinions on different vendors, could someone please tell me if there is a vendor who will reply to my fish requests? I have contacted FFE and TMC, and have only gotten one reply saying they will check to see what they can do to find the fish I am looking for. Weeks later, still nothing! Very frustrating! fyi, I am looking for a few Australian cardinalfish...
Pterapogon mirifica and Vincentia conspersa. I know these are not the typical fish offered, but does anyone have a supplier I could contact? I really need these fish! Thanks in advance to anyone who replies....:)

:fish2: :fish2:

1diverdown
10/22/2002, 11:13 AM
Divrgrl...

i was just talking to Randy at TMC and happened to ask him about your cardinal fish situation. he said that it's nearly impossible to find the fish you're looking for since they almost always arrive under the 'assorted' heading, and most vendors don't take the time to properly id these types of fish. since there's not a high demand nor high profit for these cardinals, unless you find someone specializing in retailing these fish, you're probably not going to find them unless you're very lucky. he didn't know of any vendor that specifically brings in various cardinal species. you might try calling Aquatic Reflections and ask Robert if he could get you what you're looking for. i know he goes to L.A. on a semi-regular basis and does special requests. you just might get lucky.
hope this helps.

Doug

http://www.aquatic-reflections.com/i

RonN
10/22/2002, 08:23 PM
That's what so good about RC, they allow these thread to go on and on and on. Serves no purpose.

Series2
10/23/2002, 02:01 AM
That's what so good about RC, they allow these thread to go on and on and on. Serves no purpose.

Aint that the truth!:lol:

divrgrl8
10/23/2002, 07:35 AM
want to apologize to everyone at FFE if they thought I was saying anything bad about them...i wasn't!! :sad2:

they are still trying to find my fish for me; i am grateful. I just need these fish ASAP, and all my leads usually peter out after one email or call....:mixed:

thanks to 1diverdown and Jerry at FFE for responding :thumbsup:

SeanT
10/23/2002, 12:25 PM
Is this the fish you are looking for?
I don't know where to get one...am just curious. PLUS I am doing my part to keep this thread alive. :D
http://www.austmus.gov.au/fishes/fishfacts/images/cquinquel.jpg

divrgrl8
10/23/2002, 12:41 PM
nope, that's not the fish..if i can figure out how to insert an image, i will :)

C:\My Documents\cardinalfish jpegs\p.mirifca.jpg

thanks for your help, though!

mountainbiker619
10/23/2002, 03:27 PM
Ok..here is my two cents. It sounded to me that 1diverdown was trying to be a friend to us all and share with us a situation that had happened to him. The way one person views something is not the way another will view it. Such the way life goes. Anyhow, I thank you all for the time away from work that it took for me to read everyone's view on this thread. David