PDA

View Full Version : Puff D Aquatics - very positive experience with a new vendor!

LisaD
08/05/2007, 12:56 PM
I thought I'd give a new vendor a try, Puff D Aquatics, http://www.puffdaquatics.com/.

Puff D is a sponsor on another site. I also noticed that on RC they had a number of very knowledgeable (non-advertising) posts in the Marine Fish forums.

When I went to the web site, I found it easy to use. The site has very good information about the animals (they offer inverts and corals too). Ordering is straightforward and easy. The animals are WYSIWYG, and are quarantined and eating before being shipped. Prices and shipping are reasonable. I like the idea of using a supplier that is closer than CA (I am in NC, Puff D is in OH). Communication and service was excellent. There is an interesting point system that rewards returning buyers. You can apply up to $50 in points to future orders.

My only (minor) complaint is that sometimes there are pictures of fish that are not in stock, and you can't clearly tell until you click on them that they are not available. It would be nice to know if a particular animal is availablie right off...

Unfortunately, my first order, of two gorgeous and unusual fish, arrived DOA. It could have been due to the extreme summer heat, though the package arrived from UPS before 9:30 a.m. Packing looked fine, and Puff D even threw in a container of Spectrum Thera + A pellets. I think they were as disappointed as I was that the angler and black velvet angel did not make it alive.

Puff D Aquatics instantly issued credit upon being notified of the DOA. The fish I ordered were not common, and could not easily be replaced, but Puff D sourced two other fish I wanted, and I had them ordered within a few weeks. Three days after arrival, a gorgeous, large yellow mimic tang and very nice juvenile imperator angel are doing great. They looked exactly as pictured on the web site, and are eating like pigs.

I will order from Puff D Aquatics again. They will take wish lists and try to source requested species and sizes for customers. I have a list of several fish Puff D is sourcing for me.

I was very pleased with their excellent service and responsiveness, and recommend them.