PDA

View Full Version : Rare Corals for August 11th Swap

rleechb
08/04/2007, 07:11 PM
So, I was looking through my tank today, and I noticed that a few of my "designer" corals could be fragged. I got to thinking that it'd be a good idea to start a little thread on "designer" coral donations for the swap. So look around your tank; if you've got something nice you could make a little frag of, and bring to the swap, then post what you're bringing. So, I'll kick things off, and hopefully if you're reading this, you'll feel guilty enough to make a small frag of one of those big designer colonies you have. Hopefully this will become a nice long thread, displaying how generous us BAR members are ;)

P.S. If you don't have anything rare, then don't feel bad. Maybe you'll score something nice at the swap, grow it out, and frag for the next swap =D

1. rleechb - Palmer's blue millepora

bookfish
08/04/2007, 07:24 PM
Pulsing sinularia.

tuberider
08/04/2007, 08:34 PM
Actually there is a thread (a very short one at this point) on th bar website. I think because of the members only status of the swap that people are going to want to flex.

I'll be bringing a frag of Miami Vice teal acro amongst other things.

sfsuphysics
08/04/2007, 08:53 PM
I don't honestly know what's "rare" or a "designer" coral any more, so I can't say what I'm bringing.

I'll definitely bring a piece of Mike's Nuclear Physics Experiment Gone Awry Acropora... (or whatever Norman called it :D) and if I get around to it I might even toss in a piece of my Quad Colored Acropora (where brown is not one of the colors! :D)

Mr. Ugly
08/04/2007, 09:23 PM
In addition to regular stuff, I think I'll bring a teeny frag of Montipora setosa, and some Tyree toadstool.

brianbigoats
08/04/2007, 10:43 PM
if i come i will bring
2-3 ponape Toarch frags
ponape birdsnest
maybe a tubs Horrida

bookfish
08/05/2007, 02:05 AM
I'll also bring some of the Vietnamese zoas and maybe a blue caulastrea. Still thinking on that one...

sfsuphysics
08/05/2007, 10:14 AM
Toss in a few green polyped finger leather frags from me... not sure if they're rare, but if the green polyped toadstool is... :D

xinumaster
08/05/2007, 10:39 AM
I'll bring a PD.

northbay-reefer
08/05/2007, 01:01 PM
I'll bring a large bucket :lol: j/k

One of these day I am going to have some rare stuff to give back

Thales
08/05/2007, 02:39 PM
I bringing some bombs...I'll post about a them on the BAR site.

Keith Le
08/06/2007, 12:46 AM
I'm bring two stalks of blue Cespitularia (blue xenia). I believe this is selling for around $80+ a stalk. Does this meet "rare or desinger" specs?
I'm also bring a couple of "watermelon" Ricordia Yuma, a couple of heads of "chernobyl" trumpet and some SUPER DUPER RARE ATHELIA and WOW THATS RARE ENCRUSTING GORGONAIN!

-K

bookfish
08/06/2007, 11:11 AM
Please review this thread
http://www.bareefers.org/discussion/index.php?topic=2141.0
for format information. This swap is not the same as our big swaps and I wouldn't want anyone to show up and be disappointed.
Please check the BAR forum thread.
Thank You-Jim

jellygeee
08/06/2007, 12:15 PM
Can non bar members attend this swap? I don't have anything to swap since I'm new, but I'm interested in purchasing some frags.

Also, where is thing going to be held?

bookfish
08/06/2007, 12:29 PM
Hi, I'm afraid this is a BAR only event but we will be back to open meetings in October and throughout the rest of the year. Thx-Jim

sfsuphysics
08/06/2007, 01:04 PM
And just a FYI, future swap events even "open" swap events you still need to be a member of a particular club to participate.

Kinetic
08/06/2007, 04:18 PM
No rare things here, but probably some nice looking pieces you don't have and might want!

Some yumas, lots of really cool zoos, pieces of idaho grape (well encrusted for months), birdsnests (various ones, including tyree ponape), and some fun yellow polyps ;)

jkreefer
08/06/2007, 05:43 PM
Your yumas are nice Art, i saw the ones Tom (Northbayreefer) got at the last meeting and they are sweet!!!

kurplunk
08/06/2007, 07:27 PM
I was planning on bringing some superman and rainbow monti danaes, but are those even considered rare anymore?

bookfish
08/06/2007, 07:33 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10491509#post10491509 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by bookfish
Please review this thread
http://www.bareefers.org/discussion/index.php?topic=2141.0
for format information. This swap is not the same as our big swaps and I wouldn't want anyone to show up and be disappointed.
Please check the BAR forum thread.
Thank You-Jim

kurplunk
08/06/2007, 07:37 PM
No worries Jim.......rules understood. I think we are just trying to get eachother to salivate at the chops.

Mr. Ugly
08/07/2007, 08:57 AM
A little spontaneous encouragement from everybody to bring a variety of nice frags. Good to see the generosity :)

Kurplunk, I think the Superman and Rainbow will be very welcome!

northbay-reefer
08/07/2007, 09:42 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10498062#post10498062 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Mr. Ugly
A little spontaneous encouragement from everybody to bring a variety of nice frags. Good to see the generosity :)

Kurplunk, I think the Superman and Rainbow will be very welcome!

Yeap, generousity.... is the key to this club

GrumpySpot
08/07/2007, 10:29 PM
I'll be bringing a green acro frag that I got at the last meeting. I don't know what it is, but I traded a Luminarc for it (and some magic beans...), so it must be special.

Norm, I think you gave this to me. Do you remember what it is?

FunGuy
08/07/2007, 11:18 PM
I only have zoanthids, but I'll be bringing PHEs, pink stardust zoanthids, some pink palys and a few other frags of zoas/palys.

Mr. Ugly
08/08/2007, 12:30 AM
Hi David,

I don't recall specifically what type of acro that was, but it was from among the raffle donations from Mingwei at Atlantis. He just started grabbing all kinds of stuff from his tanks saying, "This one is really nice. That's the so and so LE. I'll get you some of these. They're really good. Here, help me bag them up." There was so much stuff that I couldn't keep track :)

Auntbeez
08/08/2007, 08:27 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10494867#post10494867 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by kurplunk
... I think we are just trying to get eachother to salivate at the chops.

I think Pavlov would have been proud... As I read your posts, I have all I can do to hold back the drool...

Really wish I could be there. :(