PDA

View Full Version : T5 reflectors

treny
08/04/2007, 01:02 PM
which ones are good and which ones are bad or does it matter??

schwaz
08/04/2007, 01:38 PM
Just make sure you get the idividual parabolic reflectors. Not a flat or curved one far all the bubls together. The TEK individual reflector seem nice for the price, but i dont really know if there are better ones.

ReefRockerLive
08/04/2007, 03:36 PM
The kind of reflector makes a big difference, the IceCap reflectors are suppose to be better than the the Tek reflectors. Also, make sure that you get individualized reflectors for each bulb.

DarG
08/04/2007, 04:02 PM
Agreed, the IceCap SLR's are the best but the TEK's and TEK II's will do a good job. Someone here stated that the original TEK's are better than the II's. Dont know if it's true. May as well buy the SLR's though because the price difference is only a few bucks, even for the generics sold by Hello Lights. Unless Reef Geek still has the original TEK's on clearance still. They were around 10 dollars less.

Amphiprion
08/04/2007, 04:28 PM
Tek 2s are more suitable for larger expanses, whereas the IceCaps are best for sheer light "punching" capabilities and have a narrower expanse.

treny
08/04/2007, 05:32 PM
I have seen the icecaps and they are the best I have seen. so I guess I'll spend alittle more and go with them.