PDA

View Full Version : My New Skimmer!

rutledgek
08/02/2007, 08:52 PM
My new skimmer and I can't wait for it to arrive.

Bermuda Aquatics Rogue Wave
30-200 gallon capacity
Run using a Rio 1100 pump.

I'll take more pictures of everything when it comes in the mail.

The Skimmer (http://www.toofishy.com/product.php?productid=80331&cat=0&page=1)

fallinapart
08/02/2007, 09:01 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10470467#post10470467 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by rutledgek
My new skimmer and I can't wait for it to arrive.

Bermuda Aquatics Rogue Wave
30-200 gallon capacity
Run using a Rio 1100 pump.

I'll take more pictures of everything when it comes in the mail.

The Skimmer (http://www.toofishy.com/product.php?productid=80331&cat=0&page=1)

Good looking equipment, be sure and post pics when you get it setup. Congrats

Norman

rutledgek
08/02/2007, 09:29 PM
Thanks. I have a superskimmer 65 and I am just not happy with it. if I keep the dial the same the bubbles are to low one minute, to high and overflowing the skimmer another, and just right another. I could never get it dialed in for my system. Well i guess I am using the move and losing everything in my tank except for two clownfish as an excuse to redo a lot. I have plans of introducing a 10g refugium, and am contemplating a growout tank as well. I will need to replace all of my coral, which is sad considering i had spent a couple years collecting it most of them were trades and gifts. I lost an elibli angel which was really sad. I preferred the flame angel until I saw him. and finally I lost a gold coral banded shrimp that had its original antennae, at times it was hard for him to go anywhere without brushing against the side of the tank or something else.

Anyway, i apologize for my lament, but hopefully the system will rise out of the ashes like a phoenix.

fallinapart
08/03/2007, 07:02 AM
Hey, I would be lamenting also if my tank went through all that, I wish you every success in setting it back up and with the new skimmer, still want pics when it's all together again.

Norman

rutledgek
08/04/2007, 04:15 PM
Well after my wife's clowns being the only two things to survive in my tank through the whole move, I am taking this time to make some major improvements.

Hear is the checklist...

1. New skimmer (getting tired of my CSS overflowing or not working at all).
2. Cut 6 inches off of my hood to lower the light closer to the tank.
3. Install refugium and get good macro and pod population growing.
4. Finish building Starfire Nano Cube.

Well things are coming together nicely so far.
1. My skimmer is still set to come in on Tuesday.
2. I just need to get together with crumbletop at the meeting to see when I can use his table saw for a few minutes.
3. I received my diamond hole saw for the fuge i am going to install. I just need to find a place to purchase 1" bulkheads and a screen. Then I will need to figure out what fittings I am going to need. It shouldn't be to many, but we will see. I am going to cut one of the drains that goes to the sump and redirect it to the fuge. Then the fuge will drain back into the sump.
4. the hole saw will allow me to get the bulkheads in, I just need to get more glass cut.

NeveSSL
08/04/2007, 05:03 PM
Sorry to hear about your CSS... seems to be hit or miss... mine has been doing GREAT and seems to be getting better with time. I'm thinking of modifying it a bit, though. Probably fishing line to begin with and then maybe mesh-mod.

Anxious to see how your new skimmer does! Keep us updated.

As for bulkheads, check eBay. What size hole saw did you get?

Good luck!

Brandon

gflat65
08/05/2007, 10:16 AM
Locally, you can try Steinhouse Supply, near downtown for bulkheads, etc.

rutledgek
08/07/2007, 02:25 PM
Thanks for the tip. I checked it out and man are they some big bulkheads. I think I am going to have to check online. Byt in other more pressing news my skimmer ought to be here in the next 35 minutes. its supposed to arrive by 3:00 today.

crumbletop
08/07/2007, 02:35 PM
Nice. For the smaller sched 40 bulkheads, I believe you can get those from Tom at glasscages.com (somewhat local), or you can order them online from places like savko.com (http://savko.com/partlist.asp?pgid=2).

rutledgek
08/07/2007, 09:28 PM
Well it has arrived, and might I saw, nothing is ever easy, and I hate my stock stand. I couldn't get to fit. I will relay more of the story when I get a chance, which may not be until after I get back from my trip on monday evening. One problem I have is that although not in any of the pictures, the collection cup is drilled near the bottom for a waste collector. I dont know what size tubing it is, and I purchased the incorrect size tubing this evening when I went to Lowes. I am either going to have to shut down my skimmer until I get back on monday, or run to lowes at 6:00 in the morning to get it done before my flight which leaves at 7:45.

Anyway, It looks good now and seems to be breaking in nicely, I figured out how to dial it in, but don't know when it is correct. If I get the tubing right, I will leave it alone for now and just adjust it when its had a few days to run.