PDA

View Full Version : Need Super QT misc. equipment

MrMikeB
08/01/2007, 01:56 AM
Hola amigos!

I am looking for the following equipment to complete my Super QT systems (think Wal-Mart fish holding systems - 2 of them, and you get the picture):

These are 2 separate units (plan to run copper in one), and each holds approx 120 gallons in nifty partitioned units. Ideally I would like identical hardware on each for simplicity but this is more or less Utopian thinking, so here are the parts I need:

External return pump - approx 900 gph (x1)
Sumps - looking for about a 30 gallon models - needs to be functional and in good shape (x 2)
Skimmers - Need 2 decent models to handle 125 gallons well.
Pumps - Need small pumps (approx 600-1000 gph) for chiller feeds so not much in the way of head pressure (x2)
Strong UV system - 28W+ (x1)

I am sure there are odds and ends I will realize I need as I set it all up, but this is more or less to get a couple feelers going.

I have lots to trade (surprisingly with all my crap, I don't have all of this already). Oh, and I have lots of salt... lots and lots of salt. :D

I might be also looking for somebody to help to plumb it all and work out the kinks - just do not have much time and some things require a couple folks to lift into place. I can BBQ a decent meal at the very least and hook you up with some nice reef geek gems I have lying about if you are so inclined. I am hoping to work in the evenings during the week. I need to get it all online and cycled/tested/working before the end of the month.

petes97
08/01/2007, 09:42 AM
Mike,

I don't spare item to send your way, but I do work downtown and would like to meet you and help out setting your system up if the schedule works out.

Pete

MrMikeB
08/01/2007, 12:28 PM
Pete,

I appreciate your offer. I just might take you up on it too pending being able to locate/acquire some equipment. Worst case, I can just buy new - but with limited funding I am trying to avoid that if all possible.

I can photo-journal and publish the build design, build out and functionality of the QT systems if there is interest in the steps and providing ideas/feedback on the layout.

MrMikeB
08/01/2007, 12:33 PM
Oh, and if for some reason you do not want to trade equipment/corals/etc. for your used equipment, I can pay cash too.

maxdout
08/01/2007, 01:34 PM
mike, i'd be able to help you out on weekends if you need. just let me know.

MrMikeB
08/01/2007, 01:38 PM
You guys are freakin awesome! Thank you!

dieselgrk
08/01/2007, 08:17 PM
when it comes to plumbing, im the man! i landscape for a living - plumbing and 'work out kinks' is what i do all day :) ....i can help out durring the week between 7-9ish

kdblove_99
08/01/2007, 08:38 PM
Mike,

Just let me know i can help you set stuff up and lift stuff.

Davey

MrMikeB
08/02/2007, 12:58 AM
Again, thank you all for your most generous offers to help. This is exactly why I think Sac town is a great place to be as a reefer - in spite of the heat. ;)

Soon as I find the needed pieces, its on!

BTW - here is the system we would be working with (just not as nice and put together - yet) - and all the tanks are divided into 3 parts like the one on the right. Should make a pretty nifty QT!

http://extremeaquarium.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/doublerack.jpg

pbetito
08/02/2007, 03:18 AM
Let me know when Mike and I will be happy to give advice from a recliner as I strategically lead this mission while drinking all your beer :D

sacfishguy
08/02/2007, 04:36 PM
if you need a hand let me know. i'll be happy to help if i can

thanks again

alan