PDA

View Full Version : Can glass on a tank be replaced?

jbjints
07/30/2007, 05:06 AM
My 75 gallon has bulkheads drilled on the back and I plan on constructing a wall tank so ideally my filter setup would be best on the side. Can I have the glass replaced or am i better off buying a new tank?

der_wille_zur_macht
07/30/2007, 06:55 AM
For a tank that small, I'd recommend buying a different one. You could sell the current tank and make back enough money to make the difference a wash.

crumbletop
07/30/2007, 07:19 AM
If the back of the tank will not be a side you look through, you can put bulkheads in the holes and plug the bulkheads. You can also silicone them in. Then you could have the side of the tank drilled and go with that. If that will work for you, you have the peace of mind that if you crack the tank while drilling the side you are no worse off than if you had just decided to buy a new tank in the first place. Of course if the back is supposed to be a viewing pane, then that won't work...

brownsugar
07/30/2007, 08:13 AM
closed loop ?

jbjints
07/30/2007, 09:04 AM
I may do exactly that and buy a 100 gallon tank and sell the 75 gallon. I plan on using my 40 gallon tank for a sump, is the 40 gallon enough? How exactly should I setup the side where my feed and return will be? Should I just have the fittings hanging over into the tank? If the questions I am asking are stupid I am sorry but I really want to do a nice job especially since I am having the wall custom made for the tank and of course I want the tank to thrive.