PDA

View Full Version : Broke down and bought some goodies.....

jfolley67
07/25/2007, 08:12 AM
ok, today Angela comes to help teach me to be a plumber....and another weekend Jack is coming to finally help see this 180 up and running......
I have given in and done it.....
Thank you Fishdoc, I have purchased a nice Iwaki pump for the return and ended up getting one on reef central. I purchased the md70xlt (something like that). It is a higher flow rate but the price was great and condition great. Next I made the lighting purchase...the 72" solaris 250w 20k setup. It is brand new coming from solaris. I got a wonderful price on it and could not justify the 400w setup. Husband bartered his computer experience for the website for cheaper lights! So anxious now to get this setup going. I still need to get sand, a couple of better smaller heaters and figure out what I need to make my controller work that I got some time ago.
Just excited about my purchases, so thought I would share.....:D

Fanof49ASU
07/25/2007, 08:42 AM
Wow.....that's gonna be NICE! Can't wait to see the light setup.

crumbletop
07/25/2007, 08:55 AM
Awesome, Julie! I need Scott to barter some stuff for me :D

Angela Short
07/25/2007, 09:30 AM
Well, I am sure I will teach her how many times it takes to run to Home Depo to do a simple plumbing job :lol:. Hopefully we can get it done without to many trips!

Those lights are gonna be SWEET!

jfolley67
07/25/2007, 09:37 AM
good thing home depot is close to where i Live......they will get to know me well!!!!!! I now have to figure out how to get that darn acrylic cut!! Anyone out there cut acrylic? I got 1/4" and they won't cut it at lowes or home depot anymore. Scott started cutting it, but it takes FOREVER.....

jfolley67
07/25/2007, 09:38 AM
good thing home depot is close to where i Live......they will get to know me well!!!!!! I now have to figure out how to get that darn acrylic cut!! Anyone out there cut acrylic? I got 1/4" and they won't cut it at lowes or home depot anymore. Scott started cutting it, but it takes FOREVER.....
..AND Jack.....if there is something to be bartered for that you need, and you got someone who needs some computer work....let us know!! shame on me for selling my hubby's skills for fish stuff.....tee hee hee.....

crumbletop
07/25/2007, 09:48 AM
Keep in mind that Lowes may have better plumbing stuff. They have a much better selection IME.

I used my table saw with acrylic and it wasn't too bad. If you know where you want your cuts, I might be able to do that for you -- the only problem is scheduling. I may not be available this evening.

jfolley67
07/25/2007, 09:56 AM
oh man!! I have had the acrylic for a week and did not think to ask anyone, and you of course. However, going to take it to this one wood place today and see if they might have a tool to cut it, just smile nice and then beg!!

SRT80
07/25/2007, 10:58 AM
The lowes in Smyrna cuts glass and acrylic. I don't know if they will cut a piece you bring in, but they still have a cutting station. Not sure what you're needing but I think they only do straight cuts. If you're in the area you could see. Or at least call before makin' the trip if you don't have any luck gettin' it done. I was in there a few weeks ago and they still had the cutting station. Or check with any local glass shops maybe.

Steve

jfolley67
07/25/2007, 01:00 PM
good idea steve...Angela was here all morning and we went shopping for the plumbing. She realized she is going home to her parents this weekend and her dad could cut it! yippee....thanks for the advice, might come in handy in the future.

Siffy
07/26/2007, 07:08 AM
Come on, Julie. We need progress pictures. :) You can't just talk about all the nice new equipment you've bought.

jfolley67
07/26/2007, 09:16 PM
OK, OK, will start a thread as soon as some of the goods arrive....can't wait to see the lights...they have been shipped, the guy said should have them before Saturday.

Siffy
07/28/2007, 04:21 PM
Ok, it's Saturday. How do the lights look?

jfolley67
07/30/2007, 08:48 AM
ok, will start taking pics the next day or two but lights did not make it by Saturday, I was so busy it did not matter. The return pump came and looks good. The lights hopefully today, they are being shipped directly from solaris and he was hoping that arrival would be by saturday since they had a warehouse here in Tenn, but oh well!

jfolley67
07/30/2007, 08:49 AM
gonna go beg neighbors tonight to help move tank off stand, we have a quick little mod we have to do to the stand under the overflow....grrrrrrrrr

jfolley67
07/31/2007, 02:48 PM
lights are still in transit....called today...had to be shipped from washington state instead of tennessee warehouse...but they are scheduled to land tomorrow!! woo hooooo

eyebedam
08/01/2007, 07:00 PM
I guess they figured Washington was closer huh lol? Ur gonna love those lights.

jfolley67
08/01/2007, 08:39 PM
this is killin' me....the lights come in 2 boxes....so UPS leaves one box.....which was the power supply on my front door steps and then would not leave the other box so tomorow another attempt to delivery......ugh.....I wanna see those darn lights!! hehe

gottahaveaDori
08/02/2007, 12:55 AM
You go, girl!

jfolley67
08/02/2007, 10:06 PM
THE LIGHTS ARE HERE....however, the box is HUGE and heavy so we will get them out of the box this weekend and check them out and take pictures then....