PDA

View Full Version : Plate Moving?

Pandomime
07/25/2007, 08:09 AM
Hay guys, well I just got my self a long tentical plate coral the other day and last night I noticed that the mass around the base was sort of inflated, alot more then usual. This morning it was back to normal size but it wasen't in the same place as the night before, so can these corals actually move on their own? or was it one of my crabs/snails?

ek9vboi
07/25/2007, 08:13 AM
Your not seeing things, those corals do move on their own if needed.

lpsluver
07/25/2007, 08:15 AM
Yes they do move. And exactly as you saw it. It will continue until it finds an area with the best flow and light combination. I have 2 short tentacle plates one moved to a good spot and stays put. I moved the other to a better viewing spot for us and it moved a little to get more flow.

Pandomime
07/25/2007, 08:28 AM
Oh ok, I guess thats a good and a bad thing at the same time. It's good it can find a place it likes but it was getting dangerously close to a few of my ricordias. From what i understand these guys are aggressive so I might have to find a different spot for it if it continues to move in that direction. Thanks for the info guys :)

lpsluver
07/25/2007, 09:31 AM
I guess that you could kinda build a sand wall in front of it to keep it from getting too close to the Rics. It probably does not need to be too high to keep it from continuing in that direction. Just a thought.:)

Pandomime
07/25/2007, 10:30 AM
Thanks i'll give it a try.