PDA

View Full Version : my xenia died

hambandit
07/22/2007, 10:44 AM
supposedly the green polyp things i got from someone at the frag swap killed them cause i put them too close.

****!

triggerjay
07/22/2007, 05:25 PM
WOW, I thought xenia could survive a nuclear disaster.. Mine is actually touching my frogspawn! if anything should kill it, I figured that would. I would move it, but the tanks too full right now awaiting the 125g, and there is nowhere else for it.

Jason

hambandit
07/22/2007, 06:00 PM
i dunno.

i did find a weird little slug thing under the collection cup of the skimmer...

dunno if thats a bad thing or not.

triggerjay
07/22/2007, 07:24 PM
Did it look like a slug, but have a tiny disc for a shell? If so, thats a Stomatella snail... there good..

As far as the xenia, whats your water params?

Jason

hambandit
07/22/2007, 07:55 PM
yeah that sounds like it. i thought it was a weirdass buildup on the bottom of the skimmer cup so i poked it and it moved.

kinda freaked me out so i just left it alone. havent looked at the bottom of the cup to see if hes still there or went elsewhere...

aquaconnect
07/22/2007, 07:57 PM
Xenia goes through cycles in the wild, and in tanks. It will die, so you think, and leave a gooey slim where it was. However, after some time, it will regrow from the foot that was left. There's actually some articles about this where it happens in the wild. Scientists still don't know what/why it does it. So, if any is left where it was on the rock, give it a couple weeks, it could grow back if it wasn't stung or if nothing cleans it up for you. When I moved I peeled it off the glass where it was growing, but didn't get it all. After about a month it shot sprouts and I have it again. Good luck!

hambandit
07/22/2007, 09:25 PM
right on, its not completely gone but it was 2-3" tall and now its like .25-.5" and pretty much motionless. as long as its not going to cause anything bad to happen by leaving it in there ill let it stay. i did my water change today and siphoned at it a little and it stayed put, so its pretty well stuck to the rock still.