PDA

View Full Version : 24 gallon nanocube circulation

DMBillies
07/20/2007, 12:55 AM
I'm experiencing some heat issues in my 24 gallon JBJ cube, probably mostly as a result of the lid which doesn't push much air through the top meaning you get almost know evap. I replaced the maxijet 1200 that was being used for the return with a 900 (which I think is actually stock). This gives me a little less flow (I think like 60 gallons), but a 900 is a lot lower watt pump (around 8.5 watts if I remember correctly, which is less than half of a 1200). I just did this last night and I've noticed about a 2 degree drop which gets me safely in a pretty good temp range (I'm hoping it it will continue to drop a little).

My problem is that I also wanted to add a little more flow in the tank. As per the above info, I need something that is very low watt. Any ideas. A koralia 1 is only about 3.5 watts and is about 400gph. I'm just worried that will be too much flow (and possibly too big, since I haven't seen a 1 in person). Thoughts?

Kalied20
07/21/2007, 01:34 AM
I got a couple of 1's in my 90 gallon to cause random flow. You can borrow one and see how it will fit and check out the flow before you buy one.