PDA

View Full Version : aquatic-store.com

ace35
07/19/2007, 08:47 AM
Since I am not allowed to post in the Vendors section yet, I hope it will be okay if I post my complaint here.

I ordered a JBJ 6gal June 19th. It arrived 6/29. So far so good. I opened the box, the inside of everything is pretty scratched up and dirty, but that can all be fixed. I checked the tank out and there's a huge crack on the left side. I e-mail them the same day, provide pictures of the damage and give all of the info needed.

After providing all of the info. I never received an e-mail back saying "okay, it has been shipped" or anything along those lines. I have e-mailed them again and still no word.

It is now JULY 19th and still nothing...

I saw another thread in the vendors section, sadly after ordering from them, that went along the same lines as my transaction. I should have paid the $5.00 more and went with some one else.

Just a heads up.

griss
07/19/2007, 09:22 AM
[moved]

ace35
07/19/2007, 09:28 AM
Thank you very much!

ace35
07/21/2007, 10:33 PM
UPDATE:

Tonight at 7:31 I received this e-mail

Nathan I am sorry I did not see your follow up email when I got back from
vacation last Friday night. So we can do one of 2 things either
Send a replacement TANK or
Offer a full refund.
Let me know which

Sincerely
Marc

"I did not see your follow up email when I got back LAST FRIDAY night"

So that would be either the 13th or 20th of July. I sent the "follow up" email out the 30th of June. When they were supposed to be sending me a replacement tank already.

Please be warned of this place. After reading other replies online they seem to have more and more "hard drive crashes" "SPAM software that selects a certain few important emails" and "vacations". This is just taken from what I have read around the net.

Sorry for the semi-rant, I am just very frustrated and don't want others to get the same treatment.

Illuminati
07/22/2007, 12:20 PM
I got my tank from them and had good service, had a bad bulb and got a replacement in 2 days. Why didn't you call them?

Your situation is your situation but this comment

"After reading other replies online they seem to have more and more "hard drive crashes" "SPAM software that selects a certain few important emails" and "vacations". This is just taken from what I have read around the net."

didn't need to be posted. I would love to see all of these postings, maybe you can add some links to back up this claim you made.

2 sides to every story.......

ace35
07/22/2007, 04:43 PM
I have only dealt with them through E-Mail and have not called. I assumed, key word, that they would respond just as quickly.

One link is their E-Bay account - if you want to look through to find the negatives. http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=aquatic-store&&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller&sspagename=VIP:feedback:2:us&iid=230008441867

Some were corrected and the buyers fault, I completely understand that.

And this thread here at RC
http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=774023&highlight=aquaticstore

It seems to be hit or miss with these guys, and when problems do arise they seem to have excuses. Maybe they are just unlucky but, to me they seem to make more mistakes.

ace35
07/24/2007, 03:34 PM
The e-mails have been pouring in from them now that I've got their attention! :D But they're surprisingly OUT OF STOCK!!! :(

ace35
08/03/2007, 05:59 PM
It's FINALLY here!!! Yay!!! They were all out of stock so had "JBJLIGHTING.COM" Ship out a "barebones" tank. You should have seen the packing that they use! Unbelievable!! I don't know if there was any chance of that one breaking. And nothing was scratched/broken/dirty upon arrival. So JBJLIGHTING, I think, is the place to go. Definitely NOT aquatic-store.com and it's counterparts.

I only did a quick twice over on the tank, haven't had much time to thoroughly inspect, but hopefully will get some time tonight when I'm back home!