PDA

View Full Version : New toadstool problems

rachelcb80
07/06/2007, 08:45 PM
I've been wanting a toadstool since I first set up my aquarium. My LFS finally had one in today and I grabbed it up. I acclimated it this afternoon and put it in my tank. It had some rubble that it was attached to, no large rock chunk though. I epoxyed that to my rockwork in the tank. It started standing up right away but then shortly after that started leaning and tonight when I came home from dinner it was laying all the way over (but starting to open up it's polyps). I've attached a picture of how I have it propped up and wondering if that's what I should do right now with it? Most the rubble detached from the epoxy because of the weight of the toadstool leaning but it is still attached in a few areas.

My lighting is the same as the LFS's but it's in a higher flow in my tank than it was in theirs. I read up on them and it said they like a medium to strong flow.

Is this common for new toadstools or am I doing something wrong with it? Everything else I have has always acclimated well and just took right off in my tank.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f385/rachelcb80/toadstool005.jpg

fefo23
07/06/2007, 10:00 PM
Mine does that to. some time he close and opens a little after when is looking for food I guess. As long the he opnes up but check water just in case and temp

dqualls
07/06/2007, 10:06 PM
The toadstool looks fine. Just give it some time to adjust to your tank. Try to resist the urge to move it. It will probably open in a few days.