napier02
09/21/2002, 03:47 PM
I found this hitchhiker on some liverock

Eriksmack
09/21/2002, 03:55 PM
peanut worm

BOTR
09/21/2002, 05:39 PM
I would question that. I believe that peanut worms do not quite look like that and also that they are anchored in your LR. I don't seem to have a pic of a peanut worm, but I'm sure that Dr.Ron will set you up with some good info. Some type of nudi maybe? Then again... it may be a peanut worm outa his rock. Maybe I shouldn't have posted here, but at least I got it tagged so I can know the outcome. Sorry for the scrambled thoughts.

SushiGirl
09/21/2002, 08:54 PM
Dunno what it is, but it's definitely not a peanut worm.

Eriksmack
09/21/2002, 08:59 PM
Someone brought things in that looked the same as the pic to the last Csea meeting, he got them from his sand bed and said they were peanut worms, looked the same so maybe his id was wrong or maybe not?
Erik

rshimek
09/22/2002, 01:27 PM
Hi,

Tank's right <b><font color="deeppink">THANKS!!!</b></font>, they are not peanut worms(follow this link (http://www.rshimek.com/odd_critters.htm#Sipunculan%20or%20Peanut%20Worms.) for pictures of sipunculans).

The picture is rather indistinct, but I think it is a nudibranch. There are a couple of other possibilities, but I would need either a specimen or a better image for any further identification.

:D