PDA

View Full Version : Elegance purchase experince from a Vendor

znut Reefer
07/06/2007, 12:12 AM
I just recently purchased a Elegance coral from a vendor. I was told it was very healthy and has been in captivity for at least 6 to 8 weeks. I have been looking for a healthy one and decided this might be the one to give a try. So I was very excited. I got the Elegance in this past Friday. And on the first night it was not opening and by the second day was clearly showing the signs of the dreaded Elegance disease.

I emailed the vender letting him know and got no response to my concerns. He had a 5 day arrive stay alive guarantee. So I emailed again on the 5th day stating the Elegance still was not improving and surely had the disease that is so commonly known for Elegance. I was told to send a pic of the coral, which I have done. So a credit of $100 would be issued. And I have sent more pics to prove the Elegance is not healthy and it's all retracted. He said, he can see it's still alive and no tissue recession?? As we all know, these corals die a slow death, and the tissue recession will begin in a matter of time.

I have tried to tell him this and sent him a link to the Elegance coral project to prove what I'm trying to tell him. I feel I was sold a unhealthy Elegance with the disease. And I'm not very happy about this. I have not heard back yet after sending him the link here on RC on the thread on the Elegance disease.

I'm not sure what he plans to do yet. But wanted to post this and see how others would feel if you were me. I feel I should get my money back since the Elegance had to be diseased before it was shipped out to me. I just find it hard to believe it got the disease in shipping overnighted to me.

I'll post any updates on what happens. I rather not post the Vendor unless he does not do the right thing and refund my money. I have even offered to ship the Elegance back to him.

coralnut99
07/06/2007, 09:47 AM
I have mixed emotions on this one. Shame on him for shipping a coral that has one of the worst survival records in the hobby, and shame on you for ordering it knowing this too. Elegance, Fox, and Goniopora corals aren't seen anywhere near as often as they were a few years back for the simple reason that they just don't ship well, and even when they do, just end up with a dissapointed cutomer.

Bebo77
07/06/2007, 09:55 AM
never buy one of them unless its from a reefer breaking down his tank after years...

znut Reefer
07/06/2007, 06:38 PM
Got it all worked out :D I received a credit for the Elegance.

redox
07/06/2007, 07:26 PM
that was very nice of you not to give out his name and give him a chance to correct it. I could learn a lesson from you. me... I shoot first and feel stupid later;) thank you for the lesson:D

znut Reefer
07/06/2007, 07:34 PM
redox,

Sure it's always best to try to work it out first. :D You are welcome for the lesson.

We all work hard for our money and want what we pay for don't we. :)

redox
07/07/2007, 05:07 AM
dang right its hard to be civil when someone takes your hard earned money, but Im learning;)

sps_addict
07/07/2007, 10:57 AM
Oh no, those are sweet looking corals. Hopefully you will find one that is healthy....I saw a post not too long ago with somebody on here wanting to trade theirs (think they stated they had it over a year) for sps, maybe they still have it?