PDA

View Full Version : KM Associates Intl

tcollins
07/05/2007, 05:27 PM
I had to write and let everyone know what a pleasure it has been getting my H&S A150-F2000 skimmer from Ed. I ordered the custom "short" model to fit in my cabinet and it arrived today, exactly when Ed said it would. The original box was safely packaged within a larger box and the skimmer arrived in perfect condition.

As with most products I've bought, the manufacturers instuctions are rather lacking, but after a bunch of questions, Ed has me ready to install the skimmer.

Personally I believe that word of mouth is the best advertsing a company can get and given the level of support Ed provides, everyone should consider talking/emailing him before they make a major investment like this.

Reef Sponger
07/08/2007, 02:33 PM
Post some photos of your new skimmer in the H&S/Fins Reef forum. Here's a thread that Sharky started on the A150 Custom Short:
http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1149011

klam114
08/29/2007, 11:16 AM
I just took a few months break from the hobby as we just moved and lots of remodeling of the new place going on. I sold off 4 or 5 of my tanks, practically everything. Thanks to Ed at KM Associates Int'l who helped my sell some my stuff on consignment, what a big help that was while we try to coordinate moving.

Well, I just started setting up a new 90g mixed reef at my new place and have come back to kmaintl to purchase my IceCap retrofits as well as I just picked up the H&S skimmer that they were babysitting for me. Ed, thanks for everything, you do so much for us local folks, especially nice to bring in Rod's Food for our local reef club when no one else would. :thumbsup:

Mr James
08/29/2007, 11:21 AM
by tcollins
Personally I believe that word of mouth is the best advertsing a company can get and given the level of support Ed provides, everyone should consider talking/emailing him before they make a major investment like this.

That's how I came to know Ed and his business. I was nervous dealing with a company that only had an e-mail and phone. But after talking to him, all of my fears went away. Not all businesses need to have a fancy web page, so I learned. My BM160 should arrive next week. I'm pretty excited!!

klam114
08/29/2007, 11:55 AM
by Mr James
That's how I came to know Ed and his business. I was nervous dealing with a company that only had an e-mail and phone. But after talking to him, all of my fears went away. Not all businesses need to have a fancy web page, so I learned. My BM160 should arrive next week. I'm pretty excited!! I've only know of Ed's business for about a year and they've been in business for over 16 years. Word of mouth definitely makes a huge impact for me and that's how I found out about them.

Remember, it wasn't very long ago when there wasn't such a thing as internet buying, so webpages were non existent. Everything was done by phone or fax ordering or mail order. Glad we're not there anymore.

Mr James
08/29/2007, 12:08 PM
Gosh, and it wasn't long ago that RC was just starting out too. I found this place and have stuck with them since then!! What is it now, 180,000 members or something like that?? Word of mouth spreads and I am sure that is how new sponsors come about. Wasn't Andy at MRC a hobbyist like you and me?? Melev too. Now look at them, sponsors on one of the world's largest forums!!

Canarygirl
09/02/2007, 01:29 PM
I'd like to add to this thread with another positive experience with Ed. He spent a good while on the phone with me, diagnosing the problem I was having dialing in my BM200 and as a result, I added an air valve to the intake hose and I have had no further problems with too-watery/too-much skinmate production.

Ed is a super guy and I highly recommend doing business with him.

Mr James
09/02/2007, 02:59 PM
Selling it is one thing, supporting it with excellent, professional customer service is a whole other!!

Turbolam
09/07/2007, 09:06 PM
I would also like to add to this thread. Didn't know about KM Associates until last week when I found this thread. Ed is probably the nicest and most helpful person I've dealt with. Even though I didn't purchase my BM250 from him, he went out of his way to answer all my questions that I had. I ended up purchasing my H&S denitrator from Ed. After the purchase he continued to email me to check up on any problems or questions I had setting everything up including my skimmer I bought from another vendor. I don't know of anybody that does that. Customer service comes first for Ed. What a first class organization! Thanks Ed!!

revenant
09/13/2007, 11:37 PM
Adding to this thread-

I recently bought an ATI BM160 through KMA and Ed was such a pleasure to deal with. He's passionately knowledgeable about the products he deals with plus he's also really there for the customer throughout the whole sale process and beyond.. he's followed up with me several times to ensure I am happy with the new skimmer and to offer advice on tuning my setup and/or the skimmer for optimal performance. I was so happy with this experience that I decided to buy another item from him, a Tunze Osmolator.. (which I just got today). I will definitely keep doing business with Ed. :)

Mr James
09/13/2007, 11:52 PM
Just got my BM200 today, but will post pics tomorrow. The engineering on it is so cool!! So glad I upgraded from the BM160!! Ed helped me all the way!!

snorvich
09/14/2007, 02:53 PM
I have had multiple dealings with Ed where he helped me decide how to set up equipment or whether to purchase it. Lots of great advice even though I have never purchased anything from him. But when I do, that is where I am going for it.

MO Will
09/15/2007, 06:55 AM
I agree with everything that has been said. Ed was terrific before, during and after my purchase of a H&S A200 skimmer.

Will

mbierzyc
09/16/2007, 08:33 PM
I opened my skimmer at 6pm on a Sunday, I had a question about set up so I emailed Ed - he told me to call his cell phone.

Never would I have expected to get such great customer service within minutes ...on a weekend. Ed was extremely helpful and friendly.

I look forward to purchasing again.

Mr James
09/16/2007, 11:01 PM
He contacted me while he was on vacation. I told him it could wait. I used to want to marry Steve Weast. Now I think I like Ed. KIDDING!!!

Canarygirl
09/17/2007, 11:43 AM
He contacted me while he was on vacation. I told him it could wait. I used to want to marry Steve Weast. Now I think I like Ed. KIDDING!!!

Lol...but y'all know this means that Ed works 7 days' a week and even on vacation...his wife must be a saint! :lol:

mr. pluto
09/17/2007, 02:30 PM
thanks Ed, i ordered my bm 250 sat. night. & he was kind enough
to let me pick up sunday afternoon.
great guy & great service.

Mr James
09/17/2007, 03:49 PM
by Canarygirl
...his wife must be a saint! :lol:

As is my wife for allowing me space in the basement for my system AND a BM200. But I am only allowed to go down there for an hour a day:)

Canarygirl
09/17/2007, 04:24 PM
But I am only allowed to go down there for an hour a day

You're kidding, right? I hope??

Mr James
09/17/2007, 08:45 PM
Yes I am.