PDA

View Full Version : My fish gone crazy????

Mikeyjer
07/02/2007, 12:22 AM
My Regal Tang started acting strange yesterday. I have no idea what is going on. I have recently changed feedings from formula 2 to Emerald Entree, which I don't know if that had anything to do with it, but she doesn't seem to like it very much. Been getting some bad stock of formula 2's and they didn't have any good ones so I end up getting Emerald Entree. Anyway,,,,the Regal swims around funny and freaks out easy right now. I really have no idea what is going on. It seems like she hit her head or something and made her gone nuts....She have pretty much depleted the tank from algae, maybe I need to feed her more algae sheets perhaps?

Kalied20
07/02/2007, 01:41 AM
That is strange. I just lost one of my Regals, but they jumped out of the tank. I have never had a fish jump till this one, but it was acting like that for a while before it did.

Mikeyjer
07/02/2007, 11:41 PM
Tonight, my regal is acting just fine. I do not know what was going on the past two days of acting strange......Sorry to hear about your Regal, should of hand it to me before it happened... :-p
Hope everything else is doing well for you. I have the back of my tank covered with egg crate, you should get that done too!!!

gottahaveaDori
07/04/2007, 02:36 AM
I don't know--you know they are flighty fish--every little thing upsets them. Don't know about the swimming funny thing. We got ours (Dori) a year and a half ago.

We keep seaweed sheets in the tank (twice a day usually--morning and evening--because we also have a large Powder Blue tang and a Flame Angel--and some other seaweed lovers, too)--and the Tangs eat a lot--and they especially need a lot of that seaweed from everything I have heard and read. We use the "Seaweed Salad." Also, "Nori" is good. Also, we feed Cyclop-eez every day (for corals, but the fish like it, too), and alternate daily--Mysis shrimp one day, and Brine shrimp the next--and everyone seems happy. We get the frozen packs of all of those from various sources--usually Foster's and Smith online.

Also, you have probably heard to stimulate appetite, soak ithe food (any kind--even flake food) in garlic (you can get it in the vitamin section at Wal-Mart). Just get the little gel capsules, poke with a pin, squirt it on the food, and soak your food in it for a few minutes, and they love it. Also has health benefits for the fish, I have read. I hope your little fishy hangs in there!

Lint_Licker
07/04/2007, 07:02 AM
The garlic boost's their immune system to ward off disease and parasites.

Mikeyjer
07/05/2007, 12:02 AM
I know about garlic food. I feed mine formula 2, but haven't gotten any new ones since they had all those bad rotten food.....We had our Regal tang for awhile now too. She's never acted like this before and it kinda freaked me out, but she's fine now. She eats EVERYTHING!!!!...a total pig...... :)

gottahaveaDori
07/05/2007, 12:47 AM
Great!
Glad to hear she's not "p.m.s.'n" anymore!

Mikeyjer
07/06/2007, 12:00 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10275301#post10275301 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by gottahaveaDori
Great!
Glad to hear she's not "p.m.s.'n" anymore!

It's a quick one I tell ya, only two days!!! :lol: