PDA

View Full Version : Starfish advice/problem?

fezza101
06/30/2007, 11:48 AM
Hi all,

This is my first post on here so be gentle!!!

My 100g has been set up for a good 3 months now and is going well, everyone is happy.

Anyway, i bought a red star fish yesterday (as in photo) and i took ages aclimatizing it as i heard it was important for them. All water parameters are within limits (nitrate below 15ppm too).

My worry is, i put him in the tank yesterday and over 24 hours later he doesn't appear to have moved? Any ideas on this?

P.s. can anyone be more specific than a red star fish as that is all the LFS could tell me!

Thanks in advance,

James.

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb293/fezza101/100_0470.jpg

fezza101
06/30/2007, 11:51 AM
Sorry for the three posts, my internet connection is shocking!

papagimp
06/30/2007, 11:53 AM
Looks like a fromia to me...but I may be wrong, not a starfish expert by any means. I'd give him another day or so to see what happens. Sometimes the move to a new tank will freak em out a bit, regardless of how long you acclimated him for.

btw, this isn't your first post...by my counting it's the 3rd! LOL

fezza101
06/30/2007, 12:08 PM
lol, i know, that confused me too!

Fair enough, its just its the one thing the wife has taken interest in in the tank so i cant bear for the think to die!!!!

Ill have a search for fromia - see what im dealing with!

Thanks again! J.

papagimp
06/30/2007, 12:11 PM
try looking around RC for fromia information, alternatively, you can check out wetwebmedia for some good information as well.
Most are hardy as all get at, and many are even used as "feeder stars" for harlequin shrimps. I'd definatly start googling some searches for a definate identification....and I'm sure somebody here may jump in with a positive ID.