PDA

View Full Version : Can these shrimp exist in the same tank?

Kissfan79
06/29/2007, 11:06 AM
Hey guys....
Will a cleaner shrimp, a coral banded shrimp, and a peppermint shrimp be able to co exist together in a 75 gallon tank? My folks have a cleaner shrimp already and would like to add a coral banded shrimp but they have a small problem with aptaisa and were thinking of getting a peppermint shrimp to help eat any small ones they can't see. Also....will a peppermint shrimp mess with soft corals such as mushrooms or zoo's?

Thanks, Jim

seapug
06/29/2007, 11:12 AM
I have a pair of Skunks and a yellow coral banded in my 90. It's big enough they can have their own zones so there's never any trouble, but the coral banded does not like it when the skunks come near him. In a small space I'm sure there'd be constant battle.

Kissfan79
06/29/2007, 11:27 AM
LOL...I have a skunk cleaner and a coral banded shrimp in my 24g (that is where my folks came to like it so much). They still want the skunk and the coral banded but I just wanted to make sure there wouldn't be problem if they had a peppermint shrimp to make it a trio in their 75g. I am meeting my mom today and was going to buy them one for their take.

Thanks, Jim

iflipsidei
06/29/2007, 11:43 AM
I have a coral band 2 cleaner 2 peppermint 2 fire in a 100g

Shrimp love their own place for example my cleaner shrimp own the top and a side of one rock island but the fire shrimp own the inside of the island. The coral band has the other rock island by himself he desires more room. The peppermint go all over the tank but avoid the other shrimp

Kinda like different gangs in a prision :)

xian
06/29/2007, 11:46 AM
I have always found coral banded shrimp to be aggressive and predatory.

Kissfan79
06/29/2007, 11:57 AM
Thanks for the replies. My cleaner and coral banded get along for the most part in my 24g. As long as the cleaner doesn't come too close....there is no beef. The most my coral baded ever does is snap a pincer real quick and that is it...they go along their way.

Jim

Krazy
06/29/2007, 06:00 PM
I have a pair of coral banded's, 1 cleaner, and 6+ peppermints in my 90...

They all seem to co-exist, but when the coral bandeds come around, the others scurry to get out the way, LOL