PDA

View Full Version : etss skimmer question

macawmagic
06/28/2007, 09:17 PM
So I've finally gotten around to hooking up my skimmer. I'm running it with a mag 12. Pretty sure thats too much flow for it so I've got it throttled back a little. It's been hooked up for about a week and i've only got about 1/4" of crud out of my tank and most of the time theres no foam on top.

Could someone maybe come over and help tune this thing in? Or even tell me what I'm doing wrong. I'd take pictures, but it's in a place thats not really photographic!

Ding2daDong
06/28/2007, 09:27 PM
Etss skimmers need to be fine tuned. At work I am always messing around with them, adjusting the gate valve.

I will give you a call tomorrow after work, I could swing by and hopefully we can figure it out.

-Matthew

macawmagic
06/28/2007, 09:30 PM
thanks matt!

p.s. if u wanna set up a trade, lemme know what you've got and you'll see what i've got when your over.

macawmagic
06/28/2007, 09:31 PM
ohhh...just thought of something....what time do you get outa work cuz at 8 I'm going to tower shops to try and sell my truck. Lemme know! You can call me anytime after 7am tomorrow! LOL

P.S. If anyone likes the truck in my avatar...$2,000 and it's yours!

whaler1582
06/28/2007, 10:07 PM
hey sorry to hijack your thread, but you head out to towers shops too? i'm always out there in my black '02 camaro. where are you hanging out? i'd like to come check out your truck, not to buy, but it looks nice!
Josh

macawmagic
06/28/2007, 10:19 PM
I usually park over by where that semi trailor is. More the younger crowd, but I'm starting to notice a lot of the kids are like 14, 15, 16 years old! I'm really hoping to get rid of this truck! I've had it for 5.5 years and am ready to move on! I'll be out there with a "for sale" sign on it.

gasman059
06/28/2007, 11:13 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10236673#post10236673 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Ding2daDong
Etss skimmers need to be fine tuned. At work I am always messing around with them, adjusting the gate valve.

I will give you a call tomorrow after work, I could swing by and hopefully we can figure it out.

-Matthew
It just takes time to fine tube but once there its done.
I run ETSS 800 and have been running it for many years.
I'll help u as much as I can.