PDA

View Full Version : moving sale - leathers, frogspawn, zoas

kev-dog1
06/28/2007, 04:04 PM
Hi all

Connie and I will soon be putting our house on the market and buying another bigger house tbd. In preparation for that I've decided to sell all the livestock and corals in my 55g. Once moved I'll start another bigger tank...bigger house requires a bigger tank, right?

I'm planning to do this in three phases
1 - Corals - softies mostly
2 - Live Rock
3 - Fish
4 - equipment

There are two (extremely bad) pictures below, to help you with your shopping. I have VHO lighting and these corals are doing well. My reef theory - only the strong survive. The zoas and hairy shroom flouresce nicely under actinics, tho you can't tell it in these pics. Your better lighting may bring out more color.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/kev-dog1/Right.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/kev-dog1/Left.jpg

Corals - Phase 1
A - Green Frogspawn $35 - two branches with nice polyp extension, polyp area about the size of a pingpong ball
B - Spaghetti Leather - $20 - don't know the type, sinularia maybe? - gary told me once but I've forgotten
C - Green star polyps - $20 - I got these at the last frag swap, colony is about the size of a silver dollar or half a pingpong ball
D - Finger Leather - $25 - about the size of a fist
E - Polyp/Zoa colony - $20 - these were a hitchhiker, there's actually more polyps than the picture shows - about pingpong ball size, dark brown with a rich green center
F - Toadstool Leather - $25 - got this at the first swap, about the size of a open hand
G - More Zoas - $25 and $15 - I have two of these, one's about the size of a computer mouse, the other smaller. dusty light brown with a pale green center. very hardy
H - Hairy Mushroom - $20 - nice flouresence under actinics, about the size of a handball

Also not shown - a small acanthestrea - $20, and two ricordeas that are struggling in my set-up (never have had good luck with these) are free to the first person buying something that claims them

Live Rock - Phase 2
Disclaimer - the rock is a real mixed bag. The right side of the tank and been overtaken by tulip anenomes...so take this at your risk. The rock on the left side has shrooms and a few zoa stragglers spreading out...so you'll get a few nice hitchhikers with this. I'm guessing 40 lbs of rock. Price tbd.

Fish - Phase 3 $15 each
2 - Percula clowns, misbarred
1 - Canary Blenny
1 - Schneider's Goby
1 - Flame Shrimp

Equipment - Phase 4
some used stuff - Remora skimmer, vho ballast, end-caps, bulbs, heater 2 maxijets...all used and sold as is...make offer.

So I'm guessing this may take a couple of weeks. Feel free to pm or reply in this thread to let me know if you're interested in any of this.

Thanks,
Kev-dog

dishray
06/28/2007, 04:53 PM
Kev , I'll take the ping pong frogspawn

Nashvegas
06/28/2007, 06:23 PM
ill take the fireshrimp!

kev-dog1
06/28/2007, 06:38 PM
OK, work out the details later. Gotta go out tonight. Thanks dishray and Nashvegas!

NeveSSL
06/28/2007, 07:56 PM
Seconds on the fireshrimp is something happens. :)

Brandon

Angela Short
06/28/2007, 08:58 PM
Can you give a little more info on the VHO's? My freind with a 55 is stiull looking to get lights to get her reef going from FO. Any clue of a price and how old are the bulbs? Thanks!

coral_reefer_25
06/28/2007, 10:57 PM
Hey man...I'll take the GSPs and the spaghetti leather.

kev-dog1
06/29/2007, 09:07 AM
Good morning
Thanks for replying to my thread.

Because of a PM I got last night, I need to wait until this person replies to me before I promise any more corals

So Coral_Reefer_25...can I get back to you?

Angela - the lights are my own diy. the canopy is also diy and is falling apart to be honest. what I can sell is the vho ballast, two sets of endcaps, one 36" actinic, one 36" white (bulbs about 6mos old). all in working order, but not new. you'd need your own canopy and diy wiring skills

Updated list 6-29 9am

Corals - Phase 1
A - Green Frogspawn $35 - Sold to Dishray - Thanks!
B - Spaghetti Leather - $20 -
C - Green star polyps - $20 -
D - Finger Leather - $25 - Sold to Streetracinsrt - Thanks!
E - Polyp/Zoa colony - $20 -
F - Toadstool Leather - $25 - Sold to Streetracinsrt - Thanks!
G - More Zoas - $25 and $15 -
H - Hairy Mushroom - $20 -
Also not shown - a small acanthestrea - $20
two ricordeas - Sold to Streetracinsrt - Thanks!

Live Rock - Phase 2
Disclaimer - the rock is a real mixed bag. The right side of the tank has been overtaken by tulip anenomes...so take this at your risk. The rock on the left side has shrooms and a few zoa stragglers spreading out...so you'll get a few nice hitchhikers with this. I'm guessing 40 lbs of rock. Price tbd.

Fish - Phase 3 $15 each
2 - Percula clowns, misbarred
1 - Canary Blenny
1 - Schneider's Goby
1 - Flame Shrimp - Sold to Nashvegas - Thanks!

Equipment - Phase 4
some used stuff - Remora skimmer, vho ballast, end-caps, bulbs, heater 2 maxijets...all used and sold as is...make offer.

coral_reefer_25
06/29/2007, 09:13 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10238997#post10238997 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by kev-dog1
Good morning
Thanks for replying to my thread.

Because of a PM I got last night, I need to wait until this person replies to me before I promise any more corals

So Coral_Reefer_25...can I get back to you?

Yeah, that's cool...but put me down for those two things in case your other deal doesn't go through. If it does, no big deal. I've just gone through a moving sale of my own, so I know how it is.

kev-dog1
06/29/2007, 05:11 PM
Coral_Reefer_25
The GSP's and Spaghetti Leather are yours

Anyone want to pick these up this weekend?

kev-dog1
07/01/2007, 11:25 AM
UPDATE

Thanks to those who've helped me move some of these corals, et.

Seems the only things remaining or not promised are:

Quater sized Acanthestrea $20
Nice rock covered in zoas - dusty brown with lime center $25
Hairy Shroom $20

and the Fish $15 each
2x Percula
1 Canary Blenny
1 Schneiders Goby

Help me find a good home for these, please
Kev

Pickupman66
07/01/2007, 11:52 AM
Kev,

Got a pic of that Schneider Goby? Mi am interested, but I cannot find that name online anywhere...

dishray
07/01/2007, 12:59 PM
Kev, If that Canary Blenny can putt I'll take him

w

eyebedam
07/01/2007, 02:45 PM
Ill take the 2 percs if there still avaiable. I got plenty of room in the 180

kev-dog1
07/02/2007, 09:25 AM
Thank you everyone for helping me out with this...it has gone faster than I expected. The tank looks really bare now.

Nashvegas - the Fire Shrimp has gone AWOL...sorry, I'll let you know if he re-appears.

Dishray - hope your frogspawn is doing well. Do you want the Canary Blenny? or just making a golf joke :) He's yours if you want him.

Pickupman66 - I'll try to get a pic of the Schneider's Goby tonight...stay tuned.

Eyebedam - Sorry, but the wife has had a change of heart about the Percs...she now wants me to set up a Nano at work to keep these guys until post move. (I have a 38 that would make a nice Perc & Anemone tank)

Outreefed - I hope the LR serves you well, and that some of the shrooms, kenya tree, etc survived the transfer to your new system. Good luck!

Streetracinsrt - how are the leathers looking?

thanks for coming by everyone!

Coral-Reefer-25 - see you tonite.

Angela & Chriis - since I'm now setting up a nano, I'll need to hang on to the lights and skimmer for a couple of weeks...Is that okay?

dishray
07/02/2007, 11:25 AM
If you dont want him for the nano I'll take him........even if he cant putt.

lorawalters13
07/02/2007, 11:26 AM
Do you have a pic of the acan? I might be interested and it would give me an excuse to go to Nashville and visit Emerald Bay!

kev-dog1
07/02/2007, 01:41 PM
right on, dishray

lora - will try to get a pic tonight

Angela Short
07/03/2007, 07:10 AM
Thats fine about the lights! I hadn't even told her I was getting them yet so she will not even know she is missing them! :)

kev-dog1
07/03/2007, 08:47 AM
Lora and Pickup
A pic of the Acan and another of the Schneider's Goby

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/kev-dog1/Acan.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/kev-dog1/Goby.jpg

The acan is about the size of a 50c piece, and the Goby is about 3", the size of your index finger

Let me know if you want these

eyebedam
07/03/2007, 09:44 AM
Ill take the gobie if its still available.

lorawalters13
07/03/2007, 11:36 AM
PM sent

kev-dog1
07/03/2007, 02:05 PM
pickupman has dibs on the goby for now, but you can get him if he does not
Lora - PM"d you back.

Thanks

Pickupman66
07/05/2007, 02:57 PM
EBD, Goby is all yours. thanks for the pic Kev

kev-dog1
07/06/2007, 08:23 AM
I'm going to try to snag these fish and the fire shrimp using the 'plastic bottle fish trap' method...wish me luck.
I'll let you know when I capture these three.

Just to confirm...you guys still want these right?

Eyebedam - Schneider's Goby
Dishray - Canary Blenny
Nashvegas - Fire Shrimp

streetracinsrt
07/06/2007, 12:03 PM
The toadstool isnt looking to hot the finger looks great

kev-dog1
07/06/2007, 03:55 PM
street. pm'd you

eyebedam
07/07/2007, 05:28 PM
yep

dishray
07/07/2007, 05:54 PM
Yep

Nashvegas
07/07/2007, 10:56 PM
still in

kev-dog1
07/10/2007, 08:40 AM
Hey Nashvegas
I snagged the Fire Shrimp last night in a trap. Let's arrange a pick-up.

The Goby and Blenny are still being elusive...might have to change my tactics.

Stay tuned.

dishray
07/10/2007, 01:33 PM
Hey Kev , I have a rather large net if you want to use it.

w

kev-dog1
07/10/2007, 03:32 PM
That's probably gonna be the only way to get him...I was just trying something less stressful first.

I'm gonna give the trap another night. Then we'll go to plan B.

SRT80
07/10/2007, 03:52 PM
best thing to do, remove everything. Thats what we had to do when sn8bit sold everything. Laid down the towels, removed all rock (all the corals was already gone) made it alot easier.

Steve

kev-dog1
07/10/2007, 03:56 PM
that's what I'm trying to avoid
tho there is really not much left in the tank, I"d still rather trap them, than net them