PDA

View Full Version : Buying clams

Ferengol
09/18/2002, 08:04 PM
Looking for some feedback on online sites that sell clams, the two I know are clamsdirect and eastcoastclams. Anyone know others or have expreience with these two?

MiNdErAsR
09/18/2002, 08:04 PM
[moved]

rxx2
09/18/2002, 08:13 PM
I'd recommend checking out www.tanku.net Jim is a great guy to deal with, exceptional customer service.

SteveMH
09/18/2002, 11:53 PM
No reason to look any further than ClamsDirect.com (http://www.clamsdirect.com). I've bought from him twice now and I won't look anywhere else after doing business with Barry. By far the best customer service I've experienced from any online vendor, not to mention some pretty nice clams. :)

zenya
09/19/2002, 07:30 AM
I would add my thumb to Steve's for Clamsdirect.com as I bought quite a few clams from Barry and was really pleased with service and formost the clams.

kjazlaw0
09/19/2002, 11:57 AM
has anyone tried eastcoastclams.com? they have the slickest looking website out of the bunch.

Deerhunter
09/19/2002, 03:23 PM
My vote is for East Coast Clams! Definately the best site hands down. Everything is automated, so you don't have to make a long distance phone calls or emails back and forth hoping the clam you saw on the site is still available. Just point and click and it is mine!!

Their prices are the best of any site I went to. I will load a pic when my buddy comes over with a digital camera. :thumbsup: for East Coast!! Rich

SteveMH
09/19/2002, 05:26 PM
You got me interested in East Coast and I took a look. It is a nice site. Looks like ClamsDirect guarantee's their clams for twice as long though.

Originally posted by Deerhunter
Everything is automated, so you don't have to make a long distance phone calls or emails back and forth hoping the clam you saw on the site is still available. Just point and click and it is mine!!

I wonder how they're doing that. Seems like someone would still have to log in and change a clams availability status after credit card processing. Too technical for me to understand. :)

How did East Coast follow up with you after your purchase?

BRW
09/19/2002, 05:30 PM
I'll also throw in a vote for Jim Norris at www.tanku.net . My clams from Jim are doing great!

Squidman
09/20/2002, 10:23 AM
ClamsDirect has a proven track record for exceptional clams and service. I'm sure there are other good clams available, but the best anyone could hope to do is equal ClamsDirect, there is no way any company could have been more impressive. Do a search on ClamsDirect and you'll find an overwhelming number of very positive experiences.

RonN
09/20/2002, 11:27 AM
When I buy my animals I am not looking for a slick site. Just good animal and good customer service.

I have never bought livestock that I didn't call and ask question. High Teck buying may be ok when order a car or something like that but I want that personal touch when buying live animals

Deerhunter
09/20/2002, 01:14 PM
I said the hightech site was easy and nice to use.I didn't say it was the only way to order.Rob was great with me and he will give you all the personal attention that you want then after that you don't have to worry about it cause you will know everything will be handle in a proffesional manner.

After I got my clam I had a few questions about placement and compatability and rob was more than happy to help me out,after all it's to his benifit to make sure the clam lives or he would have to replace it or have a dissattisfied customer.

Again thumbs up to East Coast Clams and the great service and prices

kevin_kramer
09/20/2002, 04:56 PM
I just got a clam from eastcoastclams.com. It came packed very well. It was shipped with Airborn Express not FEDEX witch made me happy. I don't care for FEDEX.

I did have a problem with the shopping cart but one phone call and it was cleared up. This really impressed me seeing that the owner's wife just had a baby.

He is currently having a sale. $50.00 for any clam that he has and no box charge. I got a 6" maxma fo $50.00. I'll post a pic later.

http://reef.wrev.org/sump/clam.jpg

SteveMH
09/20/2002, 11:07 PM
Judging by all the posts it looks like we have three very good online clam vendors to deal with. For me, the quality of the animal and the customer service is what's most important. The vendors web site appearance, wether it uses a real time shopping cart or not, and price all come secondary. But I'm sure eventually I will purchase from all three.