PDA

View Full Version : Men following the UH_OH Diet Plan

UH_OH_5_OH
06/26/2007, 03:16 PM
This month's issue of Men's Health has a GREAT article on the top 125 Best Foods for Men to eat !

There is also some great training articles in there about Abs, chest and legs !!!

Just thought I'd let you know !!!

And please PM me and let me know how you're doing !!!

Sk8r
06/26/2007, 04:33 PM
Hey, Uh-oh...there's a new OTC weight drug, Alli, that's actually safe and effective, if, ahem, possessing a few antisocial side effects. Shows real promise.

crp
06/26/2007, 07:46 PM
Is beer on the list? :D

UH_OH_5_OH
06/26/2007, 07:50 PM
Sure.....Carrie...O'Douls, Mich Ultra....actually any beer you want cause I hate the taste of both of those...just have A beer or maybe two.....and not a twelve pack !!!

It's all relative ! If one wants to lose weight.....get in shape...then one must make the necessary sacrifices in their routine, diet and exercise levels !!!

i.e. I am up to 600 crunches a day !!!! And I enjoy the benefits of it everyday with increased energy levels, no low backpain and I actually got flirted with today by a little hottie from Purdue University !!! I have to say it was quite flattering !!!

crp
06/26/2007, 08:13 PM
Oh Good, I'm on the right track. I've drink Mich Ultra in the summer. Unfortunately I drink more than one or two. :D

UH_OH_5_OH
06/26/2007, 08:18 PM
AT A TIME....????????

Well...I think there might be another plan you would be interested in !!!

batguano
06/26/2007, 08:24 PM
Are Jack Daniels and Mallomars on that plan? 'Cause those two things are like crack to me.

andrewsmart
06/26/2007, 08:37 PM
i am guessing blackpuding suppers are not on the list.

batguano
06/26/2007, 08:55 PM
^ For the record, Jimmy, I prefer a good single malt Scotch whiskey to sour mash anyday!

davidryder
06/26/2007, 10:41 PM
What about Whiskey&Water? :D

I'm finally getting back on track!

<b>On my list:</b>
Nuts
beef jerky
tuna
protein shakes
1% milk
water
hard boiled eggs
rice
banana chips
yogurt
olive oil

<B>NOT on my list and 100% BANNED:</b>
Beer
fast food
high fructose corn syrup
partially hydronated oil
bleached flour
> 1% milkfat (ice cream, whipped cream, ranch dressing, etc)
<b>SODA</b>
potato chips
trans fat

Those are really just my guidelines while shopping... I still have regular meals but am cautious about ingredients. I allow myself 1 day of cheating a week. I'm sure there are some things I can't think of right now... I great way to kickstart any diet change is a 2-5 day water fast to clear your palette of fatty foods - amongst a ridiculous amount of other mental and physical effects.

Now if I can get in a routine of working out!!!!!

Thanks for some needed motivation!!

davidryder
06/26/2007, 10:47 PM
And PEANUT BUTTER!! I love PEANUT BUTTER!!!

Angel*Fish
06/26/2007, 11:54 PM
David IMHO, the nuts should be raw --just my two cents...maybe you already planned it that way.

Might also want to add some fiber :D

davidryder
06/26/2007, 11:58 PM
Definitely raw :)

bulldog12
06/27/2007, 12:41 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10222731#post10222731 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by davidryder
And PEANUT BUTTER!! I love PEANUT BUTTER!!!

Nothing wrong with a little natty PB, in moderation of course.

JokerGirl
06/27/2007, 06:47 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10221296#post10221296 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by UH_OH_5_OH
I actually got flirted with today by a little hottie from Purdue University !!! I have to say it was quite flattering !!!

Are you sure it wasn't me flirting with you??? :D :D :D :D :D

UH_OH_5_OH
06/27/2007, 07:09 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10222679#post10222679 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by davidryder
What about Whiskey&Water? :D

I'm finally getting back on track!

<b>On my list:</b>
Nuts
beef jerky
tuna
protein shakes
1% milk (I WOULD MAKE THIS SKIM INSTEAD)
water (FLAVORED WITH LEMON TASTES MUCH BETTER)
hard boiled eggs (MINUS THE YOKES)
rice (BROWN RICE)
banana chips (WHY CHIPS AND NOT JUST BANANA'S?)
yogurt
olive oil

<B>NOT on my list and 100% BANNED:</b>
Beer
fast food
high fructose corn syrup
partially hydronated oil
bleached flour
> 1% milkfat (ice cream, whipped cream, ranch dressing, etc)
<b>SODA</b>
potato chips
trans fat

Those are really just my guidelines while shopping... I still have regular meals but am cautious about ingredients. I allow myself 1 day of cheating a week. I'm sure there are some things I can't think of right now... I great way to kickstart any diet change is a 2-5 day water fast to clear your palette of fatty foods - amongst a ridiculous amount of other mental and physical effects.

Now if I can get in a routine of working out!!!!!

Thanks for some needed motivation!!

I made some all caps adjustments to your list just as a recommendation. The one day a week to cheat...I would actually try to get to one MEAL a week to cheat....as soon as you can. All you do by doing an entire day of cheat eating is set yourself way back in calories and grams of fat. I find that if you have one treat during the cheat meal...you're body can both recover quicker from the fat grams or sugar that you dump in it AND your taste buds will change easier to liking good foods that are good for you. Getting your taste buds to change only takes FOUR weeks so the quicker you adjust them to liking healthy foods...the weaker your cravings will be for the junk !!! HTH !

UH_OH_5_OH
06/27/2007, 07:11 AM
Joker......Is your name really BECKY ? (Said with a combination giggle/hair flip) If not, then no...it wasn't you !

JokerGirl
06/27/2007, 07:15 AM
HAHAHAHAHA :D :D :D :D

UH_OH_5_OH
06/27/2007, 07:27 AM
And by the way..........Avocado is an awesome food for the right kinds of fats !!!

and BTW....if you eat about 1/2 cup of Cottage Cheese (Small curd and LOW FAT....not NO FAT...BUT LOW FAT) just before you go to bed on your workout days.....your body will work on that as a source of protein while you sleep instead of catabolising muscle !!! I do it !!

davidryder
06/27/2007, 12:25 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10224029#post10224029 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by UH_OH_5_OH
I made some all caps adjustments to your list just as a recommendation. The one day a week to cheat...I would actually try to get to one MEAL a week to cheat....as soon as you can. All you do by doing an entire day of cheat eating is set yourself way back in calories and grams of fat. I find that if you have one treat during the cheat meal...you're body can both recover quicker from the fat grams or sugar that you dump in it AND your taste buds will change easier to liking good foods that are good for you. Getting your taste buds to change only takes FOUR weeks so the quicker you adjust them to liking healthy foods...the weaker your cravings will be for the junk !!! HTH !

Yeah the one day a week should really be one meal a week... I'm working on it. :p

Banana chips are coated in honey glaze which provides me with instant energy and they are just more convenient. And plus they are so delicious...

I'm not afraid of milkfat - in small amounts. I like skim milk MORE but Haleigh won't drink the stuff so this is our compromise.

Brown rice - agreed. I think it tastes better anyway.

Hard boiled eggs - unfortunately the majority of the protein lies in the yolks. I know they are high in cholesterol but I would have to eat like 10 egg whites to get the protein I get from 3-4 whole eggs. I've heard of "Egg beaters" but haven't really looked into them.

Before the Mens Fitness forums closed I spent more time there than I did here on RC... did you ever get a chance to visit them? I never found a fitness forum even close to it...

davidryder
06/27/2007, 12:27 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10224087#post10224087 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by UH_OH_5_OH
And by the way..........Avocado is an awesome food for the right kinds of fats !!!

and BTW....if you eat about 1/2 cup of Cottage Cheese (Small curd and LOW FAT....not NO FAT...BUT LOW FAT) just before you go to bed on your workout days.....your body will work on that as a source of protein while you sleep instead of catabolising muscle !!! I do it !!

I do love cottage cheese - I didn't know that though. I'm not a big fan of avocado :o

Any other tips? I have some fitness books I'll have to look through when I get home tonight.

breedingroom
06/27/2007, 02:27 PM
I have actually started to follow a Mediterannean diet myself.....more fish ( salmon is excellent )
Nuts, Olive oil, red wine,.....lean meat ...rarely any beef......etc.

I stay away from all fast food,....chips soda,....whole milk,..and excessive cheeses.....also I buy light mayo, which is high in Omega 3's......I have noticed a huge difference.

Now i gotta get rid of the Bacardi.

der_wille_zur_macht
06/27/2007, 02:41 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10221428#post10221428 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by crp
Oh Good, I'm on the right track. I've drink Mich Ultra in the summer. Unfortunately I drink more than one or two. :D

You know, Guinness has fewer calories than many light beers. . . If you're going to pound, it might as well be something with flavor!

der_wille_zur_macht
06/27/2007, 02:43 PM
*Disclaimer: The above was a simple example - I wouldn't claim Guinness to be the most flavorful brew, nor the one most suitable for said poundage-fest.

dkh0331
06/27/2007, 02:47 PM
http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/20173helping_hand3.jpg

PoukieBear
06/27/2007, 03:10 PM
MMEEE!!!!!

I think i'm getting myself back on track. After two months of skipping the gym, and eating out quite a bit, I feel like crapola.

I didn't gain any wieght while on my two month hiatus, Ijust don't feel as good as I should.

I got myself back to the gym last night, and all this week I've eaten healthy....sort of. Someone needs to take away my jar of Nutella.

der_wille_zur_macht
06/27/2007, 03:15 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10226986#post10226986 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by PoukieBear
Someone needs to take away my jar of Nutella.

Ohhh, it doesn't come with a box of graham crackers by any chance, does it?

dc
06/27/2007, 03:40 PM
Dwizm! How are ya? :D

PoukieBear
06/27/2007, 03:46 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10227010#post10227010 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by der_wille_zur_macht
Ohhh, it doesn't come with a box of graham crackers by any chance, does it?

Nope, a Costco size box of baby crackers. :)

der_wille_zur_macht
06/27/2007, 03:46 PM
Hungry. For crackers and nutella.

Luckily, I think I have a stash at home, and I'll be headed that way shortly.

dc
06/27/2007, 03:48 PM
Might as well make nutella smores. :D

der_wille_zur_macht
06/27/2007, 03:49 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10227216#post10227216 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by PoukieBear
Nope, a Costco size box of baby crackers. :)

ooohhhhh wicked!

My diet plan is simple: Eat whatever I want, in some degree of moderation. In the winter, this makes me a wee bit chubbier. In the summer, riding bikes like a psycho burns it right back off.

I started running this year, too. Cha-ching! Pizza and beer here I come! Or perhaps tonight it'll be hot dogs. . . . Yes, there's an "s" on there, indicating plural!

der_wille_zur_macht
06/27/2007, 03:50 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10227233#post10227233 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by dc

If you mixed nutella into milk, would it be like wicked yummy chocolate hazelnut milk? Or just a big gooey mess?

davidryder
06/27/2007, 06:03 PM
Although I haven't gained or lost any weight in the past 2 years, I have lost a considerable amount of muscle mass and gained a considerable amount of fat.

I think after the age of 25 you lose approximately 2.5lbs of muscle mass per year (for males).

Fat Man
06/27/2007, 06:09 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10227246#post10227246 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by der_wille_zur_macht
Or perhaps tonight it'll be hot dogs. . . . Yes, there's an "s" on there, indicating plural!

Who eats just one?

drauka99
06/27/2007, 06:42 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10226658#post10226658 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by breedingroom
Now i gotta get rid of the Bacardi.

My problem exactly

drauka99
06/27/2007, 06:48 PM
I basiclly follow the South beach plan, I followed it religiously for about 6 months and then fell off the wagon, during that time I wasn't going to the gym or anything really and lost a considerable mount of weight, when i feel off the wagon and gained a stressful work enviroment I gained back all I had lost and 10 extra - yes the same old story- I have since for the last year followed the general guide lines of South Beach and have been going to the gym a minimum of 3 days a week and have droped around 60lbs :D looking for 40 more and I will be back in decent shap

BigSkyBart
06/27/2007, 07:42 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10227253#post10227253 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by der_wille_zur_macht
If you mixed nutella into milk, would it be like wicked yummy chocolate hazelnut milk? Or just a big gooey mess?

who would care what it looked like...

close yer eyes & drink it

slurp the lumps if you have to

:lol:

PrivateJoker64
06/27/2007, 11:37 PM
I got tired of being so fat and have lost 94 pounds since last May ('06).
25 more to go...

UH_OH_5_OH
06/28/2007, 06:07 AM
Congratulations PrivateJoker.....that's fantastic !!!

PoukieBear
06/28/2007, 12:59 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10227233#post10227233 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by dc

Debi, I think you are one of my new heros!! You're BRILLIANT!! I'm adding you to the list!

der_wille_zur_macht
06/28/2007, 01:03 PM
I thought they were old news. Best way to go through a jar of the stuff in one sitting!

They're best on chocolate grahams!

UH_OH_5_OH
06/28/2007, 01:40 PM
As far as fitness forums go....I love prosource.net...it's PACKED with great exercises, professional advice, dietary advice and supplements galore !!

Take some time and check it out !