PDA

View Full Version : Some reactor questions!!!

medic29
06/25/2007, 09:23 PM
Well, I got my calcium reactor today and I have a couple of questions. There are a couple of extra connections that I'm not sure about. So....for your gurus that have already figured this out...can you shed some light??

http://medic29.home.insightbb.com/bnarc/cr140question.jpg

I'm open to suggestions from those that have done this before. Another grand learning experience!!! :lol:

saltyseaman
06/26/2007, 12:58 AM
Yes, the water supply hose connects to the pump in the sump.

The part that you assume goes back into the sump does.

The two parts with the circled A next to them are for venting, I assume. CO2 can build up at those areas until you get to know your reactor and get it all dialed in. They are a bit different than what I have seen, though. I haven't seen a vent pipe left open like the one up top, and the other one seem pretty low in the plumbing and is where I typically see the feed tube going into. If it is for venting then that seems a bit strange because one would think that CO2 would build up at the top of the plumbing. If they put it lower to account for the CO2 bubble moving (or staying put) due to the pump running then wouldn't it be smarter to have it at the top and turn the pump off to vent?

That's my best guess. IT seems strange they didn't send better instructions, with a big circled A telling you what those are for.

HTH. Good luck :thumbsup: :D

Horace
06/26/2007, 07:37 AM
Vent A connects to A, where you say "what connects here". It is a loop that recycles the built up CO2 in the top of the reactor. I know, the directions are horrible, and I was questioning that myself with my reactor.

medic29
06/26/2007, 08:34 AM
I wondered about that, but wasn't sure and thought I'd better ask. Thanks!!

Yeah, the reactor looks very well built. They just need to work on their directions quite a bit. Maybe we ought to type something up and send it to them. LOL

BTW: that looks like there is susposed to be a valve there, is this correct? I'm I susposed to adjust that valve??

Horace
06/26/2007, 12:07 PM
I have a valve there, I normally leave it closed and if air starts to accumulate I open it. You can leave it open all the time and air SHOULD never accumulate then.

Benny Z
06/26/2007, 12:16 PM
from coralvue...

Hey Ben,

The part on the instruction “A” is simply a Co2 build up relief. Co2 will build up over time in the reactor. All you do is cut a length of tubing to go out of the top flange to the top of the water pipe fitting. You can use the T valve if you want to be able to control the release of the Co2. If not it will take all the excess Co2 and vent it back into the reactor.

If you have any other questions let me know. You can also look on my website for more detailed instructions under calcium reactors.

David