PDA

View Full Version : Anyone tried 2 pairs of Clowns in one large tank?

BBCoach4
06/25/2007, 05:38 PM
I currently have a pair of True Percs hosting in a RBTA. I recently got anothe RBTA and was wondering if I could put a new pair of Black Occ. Clowns in the tank. Current tank is an 180. Any thoughts??

yoboyjdizz
06/25/2007, 06:05 PM
It could work since these are both one of the less aggresive clowns but it could not work either. 180 has enough room and if you get lucky and they both host each of the rbta's then you should be fine if you place the other on the opposite side. But what if the new pair of black occ decide they like the one the true percs are hosting in???

kdblove_99
06/25/2007, 06:07 PM
never tried it.

I also have a 180 and have had 1 gold bar maroon in my tank for awhile and i just got those 2 new pair of clowns.

What i did and i saw this on a video. I taped a mirror to the front of my tank at first the maroon went after the clowns but then slowly started looking at the mirror i do the same thing when i add tangs it works great.

The next day i remove the mirror and all is golden:)

kdblove_99
06/25/2007, 06:16 PM
this is where i got the idea.

Its the video that says tank tour steves 180 and he talks about the mirror trick.

all these videos are great i have watched them all:)
http://www.reefvideos.com/

Reefugee
06/25/2007, 06:30 PM
James (Photon) had a 180G with several clown pairs in it. It seemed to work for him. But as with everything in this hobby - YMMV.

little_d
06/25/2007, 07:16 PM
I got one true and 2 false in the same tank and they are doing fine, use to have a pair of blk and white saddle back with the false pair as well and no issue with those in our tank.