PDA

View Full Version : OT Anyone want a kitten?

Angela Short
06/25/2007, 03:14 PM
I found 5 kittens starved to death on the side of the road on top of a mountain in East Tn last week. Everyone dumps animals up there :(. Don't even get me started...:( Anyways I just adopted 2 from my local pound just 4 days before I found them! I am keeping one and will have to take the other 4 to the pound this week if no one wants them. They would be great outdoor cats as they were obviously on there own for a long time so they are use to the elements. Anyone?
1 fluffy calico .... will be a great lap kitty with some love
1 short hair tabby ... pretty scared still
1 short hair grey/calico mix a dab....most timid
1 short hair black...good lap kitty also with some work
I am keeping the long hair black one who had a HUGE wolf worm on his side I removed yesterday. Pretty gross if you have never seen one.

They are pretty timid around people still but learning petting, a soft lap and food comes from people. I am amazed at how fast they are learning to like me. I am actually letting 3 of them out of the cage to roam free now they are so tame in less than a week. Please help me try to find thease poor kittens a home.

Fanof49ASU
06/25/2007, 03:20 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10212011#post10212011 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Angela Short
I am keeping the long hair black one who had a HUGE wolf worm on his side I removed yesterday. Pretty gross if you have never seen one.

My brother removed one from a dog with tweezers, and almost lost his lunch. They are gross.

Angela Short
06/25/2007, 05:21 PM
Yea my husband held him down for me and was pretty grossed out. I mentioned it this morning and he said he never wanted to visualize that site again and not to mention it anymore! My 6 year old started crying and ran away. My 4 year old wanted to touch it!! :lol:

For anyone who doesn't know what a wolf is its a godzilla size maggot looking worm from a fly egg that burrows under the skin. Ours caused a lot of nasty infection so you can imagin what came out with the worm. OK my tummy hurts now again.

Angela Short
06/25/2007, 05:21 PM
Calico and tabby are boys, other 3 girls.

Mdwannabe
06/27/2007, 02:43 PM
Gross :confused: ?, try starting a bowel resection at 11:45 am, getting a lunch break, and spending the whole lunch break discussing the intestines packed in a bag on the patients chest, while eating!
Think there is something wrong with those of us that work in the OR?
We have pretty much determined that every one of us were dropped on our heads at birth, and the OB told our parents the head bruise is normal after natural child birth :)
Should you find another worm, let me know, I'm sure I can find people willing to remove it, as long as a License is not required; possibly Fishdoc would join us! Dinner would have to follow :)
Angela; any of your kids have a funny looking head bruise at birth?, if so, tell them medicine is their only hope for higher education :reading:

Rick
(Yea, I know, I'm just not right)

gflat65
06/27/2007, 05:38 PM
Last line wasn't even needed:D.

Mdwannabe
06/27/2007, 05:57 PM
Included last line for the sake of new members, they don't know me like some do :)

Jesika_rose
06/27/2007, 09:44 PM
If you have a calico that is a male... you have one in a million and it will be sterile....

Angela Short
06/28/2007, 02:03 PM
I had forgotten I had heard that about calicos but yes the calico and the kinda calico are both female!

Oh, I just scrolled up and looked. I did write cali and tabby boys but it was fluffy black and tabby. Either way they all went to the pound this week and I plan on going back and adopting one if not 2 of them Tuesday. They spay/nuter them, give them their shots including rabies and worm them all for $25. Can't beat that and I will have lots of kitties again :)

SRT80
06/28/2007, 03:05 PM
im sure the others will get a good home. Kittens usually do. I wish I had room for one more.

Steve

NeveSSL
06/28/2007, 03:55 PM
I wish I could have one. Our apartments won't allow pets. We could move, but I'm just terrified that the cat would get sick and we'd not have the money to help it. :( That would be a HORRIBLE feeling. So we're going to wait until after school. :)

Which ones are you thinking about keeping, Angela?

Brandon

gsusfreak
06/28/2007, 04:06 PM
if my family would allow for another pet...i would definitely take one....but then again....i think my dog would even have a hard time with a cat.....she's a shilky terrier and they arent supposed to be good with cats

Angela Short
06/28/2007, 09:11 PM
I am getting the fluffy black one for sure who had the worm since we have some "history" we can talk about :lol: He was the first one I caught on the mountain and if it wasn't for him not running I probably would have thought they were all to wild to catch and just went home. He has a wonderfull personality and was never scared to death like the other 4 for some reason. He seemes naturally loving so I really want him but my girls are having a fit for "butter" the fluffy calico. She looks like she stepped in butter and smeared it on her face they said.

I had cats my whole life and have been catless since last May and I am so happy to have kittens again. They really are a joy to have around. I adopted 2 right before I found thease so I will have 3 and maybe 4 if I get my way next week!

Williamson County animal shelter said they have not had to euthanize a cat that wasn't sick in over 3 years so I bet they have a good chance of getting a home.

fishdoc11
06/28/2007, 09:33 PM
Good luck finding the little ones a home.
I think you must have SUCKER written across your forehead in words only animals can see like my mother and I do.
God bless you for taking them in and good luck:)
Someday I'll be able to help you with the vet bill;)
Chris

Angela Short
06/29/2007, 07:51 AM
Thanks Chris! I LOVE my vet freind back home. He is a big softy for homless pets also and had a clinic full of them trying to give away last week. I guess thats a pre-requset for being a vet is a love of animals! He tried to talk me into taking some sweet kitten back home to our pound with the high adoption rate and I would have if I wasn't already bringing 5 home! The pound there is not much more than a stinky hole in the wall. Its not govement funded and the quality of care the animals receive is not the best. They do the best with what they have though but in a ruel community you have TONS of unaltered animals having babies and they are just overun with babies :(.

It is nice having a freind who is a Vet. When I saw spooks wolf was so infected he called me in some amoxy to walgreens under "kitty Short" My insurence wouldn't pick that one up though! :lol: I am sure you have seen what can come out with the worm... It was discusting but he took the torture and peroxide baths in the pocket like a champ and came right back for more petting so he is a keeper kitty.