PDA

View Full Version : Level 3 ICH uncurable o.O

happyface888
06/20/2007, 11:23 PM
Went to petco to ask about ich I once had which started as white Ich but eventually turned red. The worker there said its level 3 ich and cant be cured which is bleeding ich. O.o I think this is bs, I never even heard of such a thing. the ich that was on my fish was red. level 3 ich?

TealCobra
06/21/2007, 01:11 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10183008#post10183008 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by happyface888
Went to petco to ask about ich I once had which started as white Ich but eventually turned red. The worker there said its level 3 ich and cant be cured which is bleeding ich. O.o I think this is bs, I never even heard of such a thing. the ich that was on my fish was red. level 3 ich?

I think his level of knowledge on the subject is more like -3.

If the fish has become reddened it is likely a secondary bacterial infection due to the parasite (Marine Ich). This makes the situation much more difficult to deal with since you have two issues going on at the same time. I personally would remove the fish, treat with antibiotics and once it has cleared up treat for the Marine Ich.

6stringpenguin
06/21/2007, 02:05 PM
Yeah, you probably dealt with a manager at Petco as well. That's the first mistake in the marine tank hobby. Follow TealCobra's advice.