PDA

View Full Version : Coco worm

GreenPuffers
06/20/2007, 02:13 PM
I am trying to do a little research on the critters before I decide if I want one. Does anyone know of a good site?? or have any of their own experiences??

Criminal#58369
06/21/2007, 07:31 AM
I have one, i have had it a few months now, i bought it from my lfs, i have read about it:
http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?cls=16&cat=1900&articleid=2171
In the aquarium it is difficult to maintain, and will need supplements of phytoplankton and liquid organic foods.

Mine is out most of the time, but goes in its tube every so often, i don't think it likes bright light, i have mine suck in the sand, i am thinking of moving it and putting it in one of my holes of my lr.

Cuby2k
06/24/2007, 10:58 PM
Hey GreenPuffers, go for it with the coco worm. I have had one for over a year and it survived a pretty bruttle move and has been very healthy and quite the display in my tank. In the 180 tank before the move I kept in on the bottom with three 250 MH lamps and two actinic. In it's new (temporary ) home it is on the top of the rocks under a 250 MH and has been doing very well.

So much for the good news. I got a spiny (?) crab and I think it started to pick on my coco so Mr. crab went directly to the fuge. Then I moved the coco to the bottom while doing some routine assassination of aptasia and I THINK my redtail shrimp started to pick on it and now it won't come out. I hope I didn't let the dang shrimp kill it.

So anyway, back to my first line, go for it, they are an incredible creature and really put on a show when you spot feed it.