PDA

View Full Version : What test kits now ??

mg426
06/19/2007, 01:02 PM
After seeing that the Salifert forum is now closed(due to no response from Salifert) It may be a good time to discuss alternative test kits. Anyone care to respond , Please do. All the best to Habib and the folks at Salifert . None the less we still need quality kits to maintain our tanks.

barbra
06/19/2007, 01:26 PM
I don't know. I just had a horrible run with the last batch of kits I got from Seachem. They have yet to fix the problems and I've been in communication with them for a week. They admit they are at fault, but no resolution yet.

Peter Eichler
06/19/2007, 02:07 PM
Hanna, Hach, Lamotte, and Elos are going to be the ones to check out. The first three are very accurate and used in the scientific world, the verdict is still out on the Elos.

mg426
06/19/2007, 03:35 PM
Any one ver used the ones listed?? I have always used Salifert, But I am a bit leary at the moment.

alkataz
06/19/2007, 04:02 PM
I would like to know what everyone is using as an alternative. I personally had always used salifert and seachem test kits over the years. I do not have experience with any others.

Peter Eichler
06/19/2007, 04:30 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10172836#post10172836 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by mg426
Any one ver used the ones listed?? I have always used Salifert, But I am a bit leary at the moment.

The first three I listed are the best kits on the market and have been for years. They're just not made by an aquarium company so you don't hear about them much around here.

Bebo77
06/19/2007, 04:33 PM
why are you worried about salifert.. they are the only test kit reps on RC, and now that he is gone you are worried?

Travis L. Stevens
06/19/2007, 05:05 PM
I personally use Aquarium Pharmecuticals and stand by them for general testing. After a tank has been established, you really only need a ballpark estimate. Now, if you need accuracy for some reason, then either Salifert titration test kits or a properly calibrated probe can't be beat.

RobbyG
06/20/2007, 12:18 AM
The one thing I suggest for the dedicated Salifert users, make sure you don't run your last test kits down to zero before buying another brand and trying direct comparisons. Thats the only way you will ever feel totally comfortable with the replacement kit.