PDA

View Full Version : FS: 12g Nanocube DX - Excellent starter in Davis

FunGuy
06/15/2007, 05:22 PM
Well, I am moving soon and need to get rid of a tank I have at work.

It is a 12g nancube dx. It has a surface skimmer attachment and a maxijet pump instead of the stock one which runs too hot. The bulbs were replaced in mid April so there is a lot of life left in them.

I am looking to sell the tank itself for $100

or

$175 - tank with rocks and sand (which has a little gsp, green nepthea, green yuma, at least 5 red mushroom w/blue dots). I can throw in some green palythoas as well. I can even throw in the fish :)

Please let me know if you have any questions. I will be selling or moving some of my corals from the tank out prior to selling it.

Thanks for looking.

- Herman

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y239/hermanklee/IMG_3181.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y239/hermanklee/IMG_3192.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y239/hermanklee/IMG_3191.jpg

bluenassarius
06/15/2007, 05:34 PM
ygpm herman

bluenassarius
06/15/2007, 05:48 PM
i'm not buying his nanocube guys. continue to flood his pm box w/ offers :D

Doahh
06/16/2007, 01:02 AM
"$175 - tank with rocks and sand (which has a little gsp, green nepthea, green yuma, at least 5 red mushroom w/blue dots). I can throw in some green palythoas as well. I can even throw in the fish"

Is the cleanup crew included? If all of that and the cleanup crew is included I call dibs

kevin95695
06/16/2007, 01:10 AM
Sounds like a deal fer all that... Who's lookin' fer a 12g NC deeelux?

shiveley
06/16/2007, 01:15 AM
Herman's stuff is top notch. I'm sure the rock in this tank is loaded with alot more than he's giving it credit for. That's a great price, and if I wasn't already running four tanks (including a 12G NC) I would jump at the chance.

Doahh
06/16/2007, 01:27 AM
Oh do you also still have the stock pump?

FunGuy
06/16/2007, 01:46 AM
Hmm. I'll include the cleanup crew that is already in there and the original stock pump. I may have 2 stock pumps... and I do have the original box as well.

I'm not sure how many snails and crabs are in there though.

Doahh, are you interested? Let me know when you would be able to come by and check it out. I think later in the work week would be better. I plan to sell a few more frags off first.

Doahh
06/16/2007, 11:59 AM
would there be any way to move this about an hour up the hill (to loomis) and avoid a cycle? My dad has always wanted an aquarium in his office and fathers day is soon so...

Doahh
06/16/2007, 12:39 PM
Oh and is there any reason you are selling it?

Marko9
06/16/2007, 12:42 PM
I think he mentioned he is getting reagy to move.

FunGuy
06/16/2007, 12:49 PM
Hy Doahh,

I am moving and this tank is at my work. I already have a tank at home so I am selling it. I don't want to start a job and try imposing a tank upon them. I'll consider a tank at work in a year if it seems ok there :)

In terms of fathers day... that's tomorrow. If you really want the tank today... let me know and I can see what I can do. I really would prefer at least after Monday but I'll work with you if you want it today. I'd want to take care of this in the next 2 hours if so though because I have a guest coming to town.

It's a pretty small tank. I think if things aren't stirred much in the move, you might not notice a cycle.

Doahh
06/16/2007, 01:00 PM
oh no not today... It would be next week at the earliest... It would be a late fathers day persant

FunGuy
06/16/2007, 01:08 PM
Cool. If you want it, let me know which day works and I can put it on hold for you till then. Or if you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

FunGuy
06/16/2007, 03:37 PM
2 stock pumps will be included.

FunGuy
06/17/2007, 07:20 PM
Bump, still available :)

FunGuy
06/20/2007, 12:52 PM
Tank is still available for $100

or

$175 - tank with rocks and sand (which has a little gsp, green nepthea, green yuma, at least 5 red mushroom w/blue dots), fish, and common green palys. To make the deal sweeter, I'll throw in a green ricordia florida and an unhappy purple ricordia florida. This is well worth the money. Excellent starter setup.

FunGuy
06/21/2007, 10:27 PM
Lowered prices --- would let to get rid of it by the 29th as it is my last full week of work. Can't beat these prices.

Tank lowered to $90!

or

$150- tank with rocks and sand (which has a little gsp, green nepthea, green yuma, at least 5 red mushroom w/blue dots), fish, and common green palys. To make the deal sweeter, I'll throw in a green ricordia florida and an unhappy purple ricordia florida. This is well worth the money. Some crabs and snails are also already in there. Excellent starter setup.

Doahh
06/21/2007, 10:36 PM
I'll try and convince my dad to get it for our living room =p

bored4long
06/22/2007, 03:44 PM
Herman,

What are the current maintenance requirements for the NC? Can you post a pic of a view from the top so I can get an idea of the footprint this requires?

How long has it been established?

This would be a wonderful addition to my office. Just need to check with the office manager, make sure I can have it.

Would a tank this small be ok as a quarantine tank later down the road after I have my display tank?

- Mark

FunGuy
06/22/2007, 03:53 PM
Hey Mark,

I'd have to take a pic of it on Monday if you wanted one. It's the standard 12g deluxe that are sold everywhere though. http://jbjlighting.com/sys_12gDX_nanocube.html is the manufacturer site. There are 3 chambers in the back which some people leave empty, put filter media in, rocks, or possibly grow cheato if they get a light for it.

Dimensions of the tank 13-3/4" x 15-3/4" x 14-3/4" high.

Tank has been in my office for maybe 1 year and several months. It could be used as a quarantine but is an excellent display tank for some corals.. not sps of course.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

- Herman

Reefugee
06/22/2007, 04:03 PM
Hey Mark -

The nice thing about these tank is that it is fully self contained. There's almost no chance of water spills. Other nice thing is that since the tank is small - water changes are easy. Just do one gallon a week - and you're doing well. You can mix the water at home, and do the water changes at work. I'd recommend that at work, you have a 1 gallon bottle with the top slight cut off so you can use it as a scoop to pull out water. Take out two scoops of water, and pour in the 1 gallon of water you brought in from home. Also - you will want 1 gallon of fresh water for auto topoff (done maybe two times a week). The 1 gallon of fresh water will last you for a while.

Minh

bored4long
06/22/2007, 04:20 PM
Thanks, Minh, that is what I was thinking regarding water changes. The top off is a good point that I didn't consider.

So is there any active filtration on the NC or is the health based on LR and water changes to keep everything in order? In my office I won't need to worry about the water temp getting too high, but it would definitely need a heater to keep it up. Is a heater included?

- Mark

FunGuy
06/22/2007, 04:31 PM
Unfortunately I never use a heater. Our building is so well maintained that the temperature stays at about 77-80 all the time.

The water changes are definitely easy. It's a 12g tank, but with rocks and sand... when you do a 1g change, it seems like more than 10%.

Health is based on the live rock and water changes. I use some phosphate media and carbon media at times. Just don't let the bulbs go bad :) The bulbs I have in there are Hamilton bulbs which cost more than regular stock ones, but seem to work well.

It's really a care free tank. A little scrubbing and a minor water change every 1-2 weeks and it should do well.

bored4long
06/22/2007, 04:42 PM
How much of a bioload can this support?

Doahh
06/22/2007, 04:45 PM
bored gonna steal this from me too XD

bored4long
06/22/2007, 04:48 PM
Definitely not. I don't need to make any enemies...

I'll only consider it if you turn it down. Still 6 days before Herman has to move, so you have plenty of time, bro.

- Mark

Doahh
06/22/2007, 08:40 PM
Know what? Send it over to bored...

Reefugee
06/22/2007, 08:59 PM
Since this is a small tank - you cannot have a large bioload. Definitely no tangs. There are two great posts over Reefs.org written by our dearly departed Matt Wandell that has to do with recommended fish for a nano tank. They are great article, and I would strongly recommend you read it.

Part 1: http://www.reefs.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=44760
Part 2: http://www.reefs.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=95733

Depending on the fish, you can keep a shrimp or two (maybe two cleaners).

BTW - regarding heater, you might want to try it without a heater to see how it works in your office.

Minh

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10194865#post10194865 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by bored4long
How much of a bioload can this support?

FunGuy
06/22/2007, 10:37 PM
Thanks for answering the question :) Excellent articles!

bored4long
06/23/2007, 12:14 AM
Thanks, Refuggee. I read the posts. Good info. Anenomes are out. The OP only recommends anemones for experienced aquarists != me.

Looks like a goby and firefish can work together in a nano, maybe with a shrimp, but I will have to re-read the post again.

Still waiting on word from boss and office manager, though.

bored4long
06/24/2007, 01:46 AM
I have to pass on this sweet deal right now. Now that I bought a 100gallon, my money will be tied up in that for a while.

Someone grab this awesome tank from Herman. Its a killer deal.

FunGuy
06/25/2007, 11:02 PM
Still available? Anyone?

Last call :)

bluenassarius
06/25/2007, 11:05 PM
will you throw a frag of your PPE in along w/ that tank? :D

Mr. Ugly
06/27/2007, 06:30 PM
I have frags to trade for the tank if that works for you.

FunGuy
07/01/2007, 03:23 PM
SOLD. Thanks everyone.