PDA

View Full Version : blue hammer?

CGRANT
06/14/2007, 10:57 PM
Hi!
I was wondering if anyone had any info on the blue hammer corals I have seen on a couple of online stores?
Do they really look that blue under normal MH lighting?
Are they hard to keep?
I have what i would consider a normal hammer coral and it dont look anything like the steel blue hammers I have seen online (color wise that is).
Thanks!

Hormigaquatica
06/14/2007, 11:39 PM
Im curious about what stores you saw them for sale in. I have *Never* seen an actual blue hammer for sale anywhere. Ive only ever seen 1 photo of a blue Euphyllia at all actually. Im willing to bet that what you are seeing is a normal, light colored hammer, whose picture was taken in a tank with heavy blue light. Still... if its real, Ild Love to see it.

paininthewrasse
06/15/2007, 09:20 AM
I've seen some w/ whitish blue or gray tips but thats about it

CGRANT
06/15/2007, 08:53 PM
phishybusiness has them listed, I think they are a rc sponsor?
they are calling them steel blue hammers

hollback
06/15/2007, 11:31 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10151200#post10151200 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by CGRANT
phishybusiness has them listed, I think they are a rc sponsor?
they are calling them steel blue hammers

I don't think so, Hormigaquatica is an employee there. :)

Hormigaquatica
06/16/2007, 12:10 AM
Aaah.. gotcha. They are indeed a grey blue; nice looking, and healthy for sure, but I was referring to the ones that are intense crayola blue. I know of one... in a tank in Brazil.. lol. Sorry bout that ;)

mikekman
06/17/2007, 09:55 AM
Hormigaquatica, can you post a picture of the blue hammer that is in Brazil?

Of all places, its owned by someone in Brazil.......I would have thought it would be in one of those japanese tanks!

Hormigaquatica
06/17/2007, 10:54 AM
I dont have it on my computer. Its in a book actually; I believe Delbeek & Sprung's Reef Aquarium vol 2.