PDA

View Full Version : frogspawn

moo0o
06/13/2007, 06:43 PM
hhey, i have no idea why this is happening but my frogspawn is decoloring...or atleast...its becoming increasingly light lately.

it has a total for 5 heads with 3 of the heads really light and the rest a dark green color. what the heck is happening. ive changed my lights to t-5s about 4 months ago so it shouldnt be a problem should it?

GreyHawk1968
06/13/2007, 09:23 PM
Your lights from what to T-5's? Halides or PC's?
Water parameters still the same?
Light cycle still the same?.
Have you moved it in the tank recently?
Lots of small reasons it could be happening but I have found mine to go dark just before splitting.
Lighter color may mean it's not getting enough light and is expanding further to give itself more surface area to absorb light into thus making it appear lighter in color.

moo0o
06/14/2007, 05:39 PM
Your lights from what to T-5's? Halides or PC's?
PC's

Water parameters still the same?
Uhh, i changed alk from 7 to 12 dkh about 2-3 weeks ago.

Light cycle still the same?
Yep

Have you moved it in the tank recently?
nope, been in the same spot since....i bought it.

ive noticed that everything thats green except my GSP is turning lighter too. what the heck!

[the other thing thats green is the long tentacle plate]

2OceanLovers
06/14/2007, 06:46 PM
They are bleaching out from the brighter T-5s. It is a normal reaction when you go to higher lights. Move the frog down into a shaded spot for a while and spot feed it and it will come back.

Serioussnaps
06/15/2007, 01:23 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10144012#post10144012 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by 2OceanLovers
They are bleaching out from the brighter T-5s. It is a normal reaction when you go to higher lights. Move the frog down into a shaded spot for a while and spot feed it and it will come back.

good advice...or you can siginficantly cut the photoperiod and build up or you can make use of the window screening

MSU Fan
06/15/2007, 01:33 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10144012#post10144012 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by 2OceanLovers

After 4 months of the new lights? Would that still happen? This is the first I heard of long term bleaching. I would have expected it from the beginning of the new lights then. What about the change in alkalinity from 3 to 12dKh? Could that have done it?