PDA

View Full Version : Nove Extreme T5 question

cabowabo
06/09/2007, 09:56 AM
Just got one of these in today and the fan is not working.Anyone else had this problem? Other than that pretty nice light for the money.

cabowabo
06/09/2007, 12:05 PM
It has a seperate plug for the fan.I thought it had two luner lights blue and moon white. It's all good.

DarG
06/09/2007, 12:32 PM
Mine never had a seperate plug for the fan. I had the 8 lamp, 48" version. It's been a few months since I stopped using it but it had two plugs / switches for the T5's, each one switched on 4 T5's at a time. The fan came on when the T5's came on. I think that either quad of T5's kicked on the fan (I think it had 1 fan) or maybe it had 2 fans, one switched with each quad of T5's. Either way, it had no seperate plug or switch for the fans. Moonlights (White only, no blue) were on a seperate cord with wall wort transformer.
So mine had 3 cords, moonlights, T5 x 4 and T5 x 4.

Thats how mine operated anyway. Not saying you are wrong, they could have changed them.

cabowabo
06/09/2007, 12:55 PM
Yea, thats how I thought mine would come. I have the 4 bulb 24" fixture. 4 cords. It's actually nice to be able to turn the fan on or off because it adds no heat to the tank so far, and all hood fans to me are a bit noisy.
I have a 45 gal running for about 4 months. I plan on adding live stock very slowly so thats why I bought this ficture. Eventually after 12 months i'll probubly go MH as I add sps. It will be interesting to see how well the gorgonia, ricordia, and montipora cap i'll add with this light grow. I think these fixtures are underated. We'll see.

DarG
06/09/2007, 12:58 PM
Hmmm ... maybe they figured that the 4 light unit would run cool enough the the fan was not needed so they made it an option. Either that or they made it an option because of the noise.

Anyway, glad you figured it out.

cabowabo
06/09/2007, 01:01 PM
Thanks DarG

nathenvan
06/12/2007, 07:26 AM
yeah mine came with separate fan's wire too.